Injuries

After a long 2 month mission, you were finally allowed to go home.

    It was an undercover mission. You and Bucky had to kill a famous and dangerous Hydra leader and the easiest way to do that, was to befriend and then sabotage him.

    You both were on the jet back to New York, extremely exhausted and tired. You were in the back of the jet in the changing rooms. The room was spacious, it made you feel small to be alone in such a big room. You unzipped the dress you were in.

   A massive cut was on your abdomen, going down your chest to the middle of your stomach. It wasn't deep, but it was big. Your back also felt sore, you thought you pulled a muscle or bruised it while running from the bullets.

    Your heart jumped when someone knocked on the door on the other side of the room. Bucky's head popped through the door. "Sorry, Fury told me to tell you everyone's been arrested-"

    You turned around to face him, showing your cut stomach but turned around immediately when his eyes made its way down your torso.

   "Doll, no. Let me see," He said softly but demanding at the same time. He made his way towards you and his arm rested on your shoulder to turn you around. He looked at the cut and furrowed his eyebrows. "May I?" he asked grabbing the straps of your dress and lightly pulling down asking for permission to help.

    You winced as your back suddenly started hurting more. You nodded your head and let him pull down your dress. You looked at the cut in the mirror and turned around to look at your back. A couple of small cuts and another big one, not as large as the one on the front but still big enough to be concerned about. He kissed your shoulder from the back.

    He walked over to his locker and pulled out a hoodie. He walked back to you and put it over your head. You tried to argue but he gave you a warning look. He pulled your arms through the sleeves and you grabbed some sweatpants from your locker and pulled them on.

   "Infirmary," He stated pointing at the door.

   "No. I'll be fin-"

   "Absolutely not. Come on," He interrupted you, gently grabbing your arms and helping you up.

   You sighed and let him lead you to the nurses, not far away from the changing rooms.

***

   "You should have come as soon as you got on the jet, Agent." The nurse said giving you a look. You looked at Bucky who gave you a 'I told you' look and you just smirked, rolling your eyes at him and looking away.

   The nurse stitched up your front and got to work on your back.

    "Um, I'm gonna have to have you sit up. If you lay down while I do this, when you stand up, it'll tear again," She stated looking at you. at this point the pain got unbearable. Bruises surfaced your skin and your small cuts hurt from the disinfectants the nurse used on you.

    The nurse turned around to Bucky who was leaning against the door frame with crossed arms. "Would you sit down and let her straddle your lap? That way it'll be easier and you can hold her if she passes out." Bucky nodded and sat on the bed you were sitting on. He grabbed your waist gently and guided you to straddle his legs.

   You hissed as pain shot through your body. Your head hung low afraid to lean on him as Bucky placed his hands on your waist. You gritted your teeth as the nurse started working with the cut on your back.

   Why did this one hurt more than the one in the front?

   "It doesn't look good, didn't it hurt?" The nurse asked you. You couldn't respond because of the pain so you just shook your head. Bucky's hand made its was to your cheek and caressed it gently, pulling you towards his chest, stroking your hair in the process.

    "Shhh, Its okay." He whispered into your ear holding you close. You hissed and wiggled on his lap as the nurses were nearly done fixing your back. His grip tightened on you when you dug your nails into his shoulder.

     "Why does it hurt her so much?" He asked. You groaned as the pain increased.

     "The knife that cut her had acid on it, the acid only now started working." She said looking up at Bucky who's eyebrows were furrowed with rage.

    Your body wiggled more and more as you pushed yourself further into Bucky's chest. He held you tighter whispering sweet nothings into your ear for comfort.

     Once the pain subsided enough for you to move, Bucky placed you back in the cot and helped you put on your hoodie.

     He carried you to the main area and made you sit on a chair next to him. He sat down next to you and carefully wrapped his arm around your shoulder so you'd lean into him.

    "Go to sleep, doll. We have a long trip back," He whispered as you melted into him, slowly falling sleep in the comfort of the person you loved most.

Please vote if you enjoy, it helps so much!