Chapter 4: the slave capture

-ālyss-

I woke up and realized I wasn't on sand or kyoshi island I was in a dark room. I wanted to say something but I noticed something on my mouth, it was a bamboo muzzle and I couldn't speak even if I wanted to. I pulled my arm up but then someone winced behind me "hey! Don't pull on the rope if you do my wrist gets pulled and I don't want that" a some what feminine voice came from behind me

"Mmm?" I said but slapping myself mentally since I couldn't speak (I mean like I have a muzzle over my mouth what do you expect?) "also you're on a ship you got captured and now you will probably be forced to become a slave by our master" the voice said sighing. I sighed myself as well, I wanted to summon a flame so I can burn the rope but then I would also burn the person behind me. I looked outside the window and apparently i was on a ship in the middle of the ocean stuck with some other slaves (what else am I gonna experience).

I felt someone's inner flame get closer to the door, my head snapped the way of the door and a man entered the room "I see she woke up ay?" He said smirking, I resisted the urge to breath fire at him and smack that smirk off his face.

He walked toward me and picked me up forcefully by the arm but also cutting the rope around me and the other person and tied another rope around my wrist. I managed to stomp on his foot and melt the rope using fire before creating a water whip from the nearby barrel of water.

I ran outside of the room and I could almost see the shocked faces of the other people. "Get her!" I heard the man shout. I was now on the deck with multiple people surrounding me, I looked around and saw a nearby island that was really close from the boat.

I waited for them to attack me before one of them threw a fire ball at me, I quickly jumped into the water and rise up before making a wave and riding it to the island.

I looked behind me the ship was following me, I wanted to melt a part of the ship off but then I would harm the other slaves. I managed to ride the wave faster and was on the island quite quickly.

I start dashing before I felt a fire whip to my back. I fell down onto the sand, I looked behind me and i found the ship right there already docked  (how the heck did they dock so fast?) the man walked towards me before picking me up by the neck.

"Well well well.. yer' 'ouldn't run away from me you filthy brat'.." he said before making his hand more hot and hot it became burning, I winced in pain only to be replied with a laugh. I heard the other slaves grumble at the sight of me getting burned.

After what felt like eternity he stopped and let me go as I fall to the ground touching the sand. I felt the surrounding water from the grass the ocean the trees I took out a bit of water from the said things and made it surround my fingers.

I turned it into ice that were very sharp I took it and pin point my target before making the ice go through the man's clothes and onto the nearest tree. He melted the ice and dragged me back onto the ship.

I sighed knowing I couldn't win against him. I was back into the room with the other slaves who looked at me with worried eyes, I looked to see that everyone had shocked faces "well welcome to the life kid the long life of being slaves" the woman I saw before said, I gulped and nodded "may the spirits have mercy on us.." I muttered but it only came out as a 'mmmm mm..' but everyone seemed to understand what I said.

                                                                    ****

A few torturous days or maybe weeks have passed as we finally reached the port, I knew that it was gonna be long day and it was just the beginning of my experience. Me and the woman who were tied together got practically dragged out of the room, all the way into the middle of the city where basically a bunch of things were sold (and slaves apparently.) the rest of the slaves were getting dragged as well and getting lined up for us to get seen and everyone to start bidding to us. And of course, I was the last in line since apparently I would get more larger biddings for me. I waited nervously as I watched each woman get picked to different 'owners' to never be seen again, until I was left alone by myself. Though each woman gave me worried glances when they left which was strange.