I shook my head, "Or he's just being protective like normal." 

"Protective becaus-" I cut Wanda off. 

"Because that's how he is. Listen guys, I love y'all but I've already gone through this. A million different times, and everytime I get my hopes up. I can't handle that again." 

"Again?" Suddenly they both looked worried. 

I sighed, "Yes again." I looked away from them, "One day he caught me on a date with Br- him, and he got all weird. He asked Steve all about him, and what was going on. I thought that maybe that meant something. Suddenly the stream of girls leaving his room at 4am stopped, and he started talking to me more. Then I found out he was threatening Bryce to treat me right. Again I thought it meant something." I looked Nat in the eye, "That's when I met the girl he had started dating. When I found out about her, I cried in my room because I let my imagination get the best of me." 

I stood up, "I'm not letting that happen again." 

I walked off to my room. The first time that happened it hurt, really badly. I got such high hopes, that I forgot who he was.... Steve's best friend. I hide it from Steve as best I could, and he never noticed. He never noticed the nights I stayed in my room when Bucky came over. He never noticed how the second I found out about Bucky's girlfriend I asked Bryce to be my boyfriend. He never noticed how much I fell for Bucky. 

==========

The next week was the same. Wade and I joked about how to fuck with Fury, and his drink. Almost everyday one of the guys came over to see how I was. Nat, and Wanda kept trying to convince me Bucky felt the same, and I kept denying it. Tony and Sam kept trying to get Bucky and I alone, but it never really worked. I was happy after a while, like genuinely happy. Bryce tried calling me once or twice, but I ignored him. Eventually I even blocked him, and that made me feel good. 

Steve noticed I became slightly more distant from him, but didn't ever ask. I was doing it, because my feelings for Bucky were only getting worse and he could never know. Today was Sunday, and I took Monday off. Nat convinced me I should do it, just this once. I didn't know what was going on, but I knew it wasn't anything good. Yet still I chose to listen to her. 

Monday morning I was being yelled at by Bucky. 

"Get your ass up Rogers!" 

I groaned, "Why?! I'm happily sleeping!" 

He shook me some more, "Nat said you wanted to work out with me." 

I opened my eyes with a sigh, "I've never wanted to do something less." 

"Well too bad, I'm over now and you're coming." 

I swatted his hand, "I'm not going." 

He grabbed me, and threw me over his shoulder, "Sorry, but you are now." 

I let out a groan as Bucky carried me into my closet. He kept me over his shoulder while he picked out some clothes for me. I gave up fighting him, and almost fell asleep again. Once he had everything picked out he threw me back onto my bed. He handed me the pile of clothes. Reluctantly I grabbed it, and went to my bathroom to change. He got me a tank top, and leggings. Even though I still didn't want to, I changed like he told me to. When I came back out Bucky was going through my phone. 

"What the hell?!" I started laughing as I lunged at him. 

He held my phone in the air while laughing with me. 

"What're you doing Buck?" I kept reaching for it. 

Finally he shut it off and handed it to me. "I just needed to check something." 

He had a mischievous glint in his eye.  

"What were you checking... and how did you know my password?" 

"I didn't, but last Monday when you let me call Steve with you phone, I put my fingerprint in." 

I punched his arm and he just kept laughing. He fell over on his side. 

"Aren't I being forced to workout with you?" 

He nodded still looking smug as ever. We got in his car, and drove for a good hour. When we got the gym I saw Bryce. It was the first time in weeks I'd seen him. Bucky saw him too, and his he started glaring at him. Bryce was "helping" Jamie. He and Jamie have been friends for a long time, and at one point I thought they were even sleeping together. When I asked him about it, he got pissed I would ever accuse him of cheating. After that I dropped the subject, but in the back of my mind I always thought about it. Bryce caught my eye, and walked over smiling. It wasn't an evil, cold smile, it was a happy, genuine smile. 

"Y/n." He looked over to Bucky. 

Bucky clenched his jaw so I placed a hand on his forearm, "Why don't you get started. I'll find you in a second." 

He shook his head, "I'm not-" 

"It's not a choice. I'm telling you to go." 

With a grunt, and one final glance at Bryce he walked off. 

"Hey Bryce." I took a deep breath, and noted that Jamie was glaring at me. 

"You two together?" 

I looked to Bucky with a small laugh, "No." 

"No? I see the way you look at him, even when we were together." 

I shook my head, "He's just a good friend like always." 

His smile turned venomous, "You mean like Jamie was just a friend?" 

I furrowed my brows, "I'm sorry what?" 

His laugh was just as cruel as he was, "You know what I'm talking about." 

"I don't think I do." I started to get angry... no pissed. 

I got pissed. 

"Come on y/n, you always knew we were fucking behind your back." He started laughing, full on laughing. 

"I didn't realize I did?!" 

Jamie walked over smirking. She obviously heard everything. 

"What're you guys talking about?" 

Bryce wrapped an arm around her waist. 

Suddenly pissed became sad. My nose starting burning, and tears filled my eyes. 

"H-how long?" Jamie started snickering at my phrasing. 

She of course answered, "You already know..... oh wait, you never would have sex with him." 

"So the whole time?" 

Bryce nodded, he almost looked guilty at this point. I don't think he thought I would be this upset. I mean after everything he did to me, he didn't expect this to properly fuck me up like it was. 

Suddenly I felt Bucky behind me. 

"What's going on?" 

Jamie- I fucking hate her. 

"Oh y/n was just asking how long Bryce was since they never... you know." 

Bucky could tell this wasn't true, but I didn't want to talk about it any longer. 

I turned to him and tried to smile, "Can we just go please? I know you wanted to work-" 

"Yeah we can." Bucky grabbed my hand and kinda dragged me out. 

I got in the driverseat, and got halfway there before Bucky asked. 

"I don't care, like there's nothing wrong with it..... but why didn't you want to do anything with him?" 

I kept my gaze on the road while I could feel him staring at me. 

"No reason really. I just.... I don't know." That is bullshit, but he doesn't know that. 

He cleared his throat, "Uh, Steve wants you to come over for dinner tonight. He said something about not seeing you. 

I nodded, "So he wants me to cook for him?" 

Bucky chuckled as we pulled into the parking garage for his place.