Before she could do anything to answer her own question, her eyes laid upon a sight she would never expect to see: Remus harshly snogging a random Hufflepuff while James had his face in a book.

This was definitely out of her hands now.

Next to James was Sirius, who looked blatantly disgusted at Remus and disappointed at James at the same time. Surprisingly, he looked fairly... normal?

That's it. He was the third person.

He was the one that yelled 'get out!' before all the black energy was released from the black box. How could Jayce not recognize that voice? As the remnants of the nightmare faded, Jayce couldn't shake the feeling of lingering discomfort.

"SIRIUS BLACK!" Jayce yelled at the top of her lungs before charging at him. She wasn't sure if he was changed or not, but Hell, she wasn't going to leave out any possibility.

Sirius turned away from James and Remus to look at where his name was being called so loudly.

Then, his eyes widened and a wave of relief washed across his face.

Once Jayce reached Sirius, she examined him up and down, but before she could say anything, Remus pushed the girl off of his lap and walked confidently over to Jayce, biting his lower lip.

Jayce visibly cringed.

"Hey, gorgeous." He winked.

Jayce gasped.

Sirius's jaw dropped.

James couldn't care any less.

"Can I take you out tonight?"

But, before Jayce could aggressively reject him, Sirius spoke.

"No, you may not." He jumped in, his jaw clenched. Jayce immediately turned to face Sirius, forgetting about Remus.

"Oh my God, you're unaffected?" She whispered.

Sirius was fuming at Remus but quickly faced Jayce after she had spoken, his eyes softening as he nodded. "Thank Salazar."

She breathed in relief before jumping on Sirius and engulfing him in a tight hug, which he immediately returned as he too was very glad to see that someone was being themself.

The fact that this was their first interaction after so long was almost forgotten at this point. All Jayce felt was happy to see that she wasn't alone in this alternate world.

"Damn, you got her already?" Remus groaned. "Pity."

Sirius and Jayce ignored Remus's words as they embraced each other, not wanting to let go of the only person who hadn't changed. Jayce inhaled the scent of Sirius's hair, which was an unusual, but beautiful combination of leather and grapes. She had never noticed how much his presence had made her feel like someone understood her. After all, he too was just like her once.

Sirius, on the other hand, was just as relieved to see his friend. After spending so much time with her, she became someone important to him. Perhaps on the same level as James, except he felt more understood whenever she was around. They were so alike, yet their problems differed in a way that only they could solve each other's problems. But, since (not very) recent events, he had found that the Slytherin had been avoiding him. But, now wasn't the time to discuss all that.

Slowly, the two pulled away from each other as Sirius placed Jayce down on the ground.

I'm so glad to see you.

Jayce was ecstatic to be in the presence of Sirius, but she knew they had to hurry, or else she would have to deal with her friends not being themselves for a longer time.