Chapter 18

I woke up to the beep of a life-support system and the soft sound of crying.

I looked up from what I assumed was hospital bed to see a woman crying.

"Dibdobs?" I asked.

She looked up.

"Ohh, sweetie! I'm so glad you're awake , I was so worried!"

She ran up to the bed and embraced me.

I felt a wave of emotion wash over me.

"Thanks Dibs. But, what happened."

"You know, shame on you for taking my pills!"

I began to peice together the memories.

"Oh my- Dibdobs, I'm so sorry."

She stood up and straightened her dress.

"That's quite alrigjt dear." She said with a smile, as she handed me what appeared to be an overnight bag.

"Here, I brought you some things, I thought you might need. There going to keep you another night for observations. Now, you go get ready I have a feeling that gorgeous Charlie of yours will be by to see you."

I smiled a huge geniune smile.

"Oh Dibdobs, Thank you!!!" I threw my arms around her again.

She hugged me back.

"Now Lullah I do have to go take the boys to school, I'm so sorry I can't stay. I'll be back to see you in the morning."

We embraced again and then she left.

I jumped up and, carrying the bag, went to the small hospital bathroom adjoined to my room. The hospitL gown was really short on me, and it was barely covering my butt. Ugh, I wish I had clothes!

I brushed out my hair and put on some makeup.

I started to feel woozy again, and I walked back to bed.

As I walked back, I noticed an ipad connected to the foot of my bed.

It read,

INTENSIVE CARE: TALLULAH CASEY.
SELF-OVERDOSE OF MELATONIN

also some doctor's scribbled and the time 11:53 AM

I decided to get some beauty rest before Charlie came by, that is, if Charlie came by.

I knew the thought of seeing him should have made me feel romantic and passionate, but it didnt, I just felt numb.

A few minutes later I drifted off to sleep.

NEW CHAPTER IN AN HOUR