fifteen

fear

/ˈfir/
noun
synonym: fight, terror

1. an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

"she is prey to irrational fears"

Jennie,

SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY 4:21 AM, Monday

4:21 AM, Monday

"Don't!" I jolted up upon hearing a shout. Flickering my eyes open, I saw Lisa sitting upright. She was trembling, and her shirt was wet with sweat.

As I slowly reached out to hold her, "Love? I'm here."

She blinked and turned her attention to me. When she realized it was all just a bad dream and she was safe with me, she sunked on my shoulder and cried.

"It's her again. She...she was - touching me. She was holding me. And, and... I don't like it. I - I don't." she managed to say in between her sobs.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here. You're safe, okay?"

She did not respond yet cried, I was cradling her. Holding her so tight, like any minute now she would crumble again. It hurts to see her like this, it hurts to see her very vulnerable.

The next time I opened my eyes, it was already morning. Lisa was fast asleep on my embrace and her blonde locks are disheveled all over the both of us. I slowly lay her down the bed and kissed her before quietly slipping out of the room.

"It happened again?" Rosé asked.

I nodded and helped myself with the coffee on the pot, I sat on the counter with Rosé and groaned. It was 6:30 and Lisa should be up any minute now, though I wish she would just sleep in.

"She was crying and trembling and afraid." I said.

Rosie sighed as she drank her coffee, "She needs help, unnie."

"Yeah. But I'm afraid this will all backfire. She was telling me to get into therapy for myself and I was persistent not to."

"Then go together," Rosie said, "I know it's not an ideal date. But it will help you both. And now, Lisa really need this."

"I'll think about it," I nodded, "Hey. What happened to Somi?"

"She was given disciplinary action. But her family was rich and powerful as well, that her expulsion was denied."

I felt anger tensed me up. She can't just get away with it. Lisa is a mess right now, and she can't just go to school and pretend like it was normal.

"You know what? I'll see to it that she gets expelled. Or go to jury or I don't know! I just don't want her near Lisa!" I exclaimed.

Rosie gave me a look and walked to hug me, "I don't know what to say. Since I also want her out, and knowing you're also powerful enough to do it. But don't do anything that will worsen all of this. If you want her out, let's do it the right way."