fourteen

apologize

/əˈpäləˌjīz/
verb
synonym: ask forgiveness

1. express regret for something that one has done wrong.

"I must apologize for what I have done and said."

Jennie,

SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, BUNDANG HOSPITAL9:21 AM, Wednesday

9:21 AM, Wednesday

Laying down in a hospital bed, unable to walk around like usual, unable to go somewhere as usual — even just for a day; is hell.

I have always hated hospitals. It's a hive of death and sickness. The place where nurses and doctors either save your life or lose your life. A place where they shove down unknown liquids on your body, they say to save you — they say to let you live, but what the hell are those liquids they inject?

Or most of the time, I try to divert my hate of hospitals to those nasty liquids rather than the real reason.

In a hospital, my mother died. My mother, who was never a mother to me. In a hospital, she has asked me to come home, few weeks before she died, just to let me do one last thing before she finally passes away.

In a hospital, her final breath occurred, and it hit me — that never in my life did I hear her utter "I love you" for me. She has never told me she loves me, and I feel like she never really did.

If I share my hate of hospitals to Lisa, she would always provide me reasons to think otherwise. Like how helping people is relaxing, and seeing the bloody area excites her for work, one of the cons of dating a doctor in the making.

Lisa,

Lisa.

When she left yesterday, I tried calling her. But she never answered, same as Rosie. Jisoo, returned last night and would avoid having long conversations with me. I had a hint that she followed off to where Lisa and Rosie went.

"The doctor earlier said I can be discharged by afternoon." I said.

"Okay, good. Dad may come here later." she said.

"Dad? Why? God, no. He can just visit at my condo."

"He is on his way." she said before sitting down and holding her phone to answer some emails I presume.

Sooner then, I saw a lot of guards moving outside of my room. Then dad entered. He was on his usual black suit with his trusted men beside him. He entered the room slowly and looked at me, "Jennie, how are you?"

"I'm okay."

He went near to kiss my forehead, "I'm sorry I didn't come right away."

"It's alright. I wasn't really expecting for your visit anyway." I said and I saw Jisoo roll her eyes at the corner.