"Hey, you're a busy woman, I get it... But what happened to you back there? You missed the best part of the race! Nicki & Chyna got caught speeding but the feds ended up chilling with us in Hopeworld. The look on their faces when that ganja hit them? You should've seen it."

"Well I'm sorry I missed everything, I just wasn't feeling up to it. I had a... Stomach ache."

J squints at my words and leans closer.

"Nah, that weren't no stomach ache. You looked like you had PTSD or something. Shego, you can tell me if something's up you know. I'd never have urged you to stay for something if I'd known it would hurt you."

I glance down at my fingers that had unconsciously knitted together and exhale a slow sigh.

"That guy I told you about from last summer? He was a racer and—"

"Did he hurt you? I'll fuck him up if he did."

"No no! He didn't hurt me... Well, physically. It just turned out I had more feelings for him than he did for me. And after the way things ended between us, I guess a lot of those memories turned into sour ones... I know it's stupid, but I can barely look at races anymore."

"Hey, it's not stupid." J rests a hand on my shoulder. My eyes finally leave the floor and peer up to him when he raises my chin.

"You know what? I'm gonna help you get over your trauma."

"...How?"

"You. Me. Cousin day."

"Cousin day?" My brow arches.

"Yeah! To make up for all the lost years. We'll start small. EVERYONE TAKE 5!" He suddenly shouts to all the employees before casually taking me from my own store.

"Hey! You can't do that!"

"Too late, Cousin day begins now. I'm gonna help you if it's the last thing I do."

"Okayyy, so where are you taking me?"

J only smirks the closer he pulls me towards his motorcycle, passing me a spare helmet and hopping on...

══════ ⋆★⋆ ══════

"Go Karting? You can't be serious."

"Oh I'm serious. You've loved anything car-related since you were a kid. Maybe you need some of that child-like innocence back, none of this messy relationship crap attached. Come on!"

J doesn't hesitate to yank me inside the colorful building. Upon entering, a woman behind the counter books our slots before directing us towards an open changing area where we're given matching white jumpsuits and helmets.

J zips his over his clothes perfectly, though mine seems to drape from my body like a deflated parachute. It doesn't take long for him to notice my loose jumpsuit and point with laughter.

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up."

"Aw, you look so cute. Here."

He steps forward and rolls up my sleeves so that the material doesn't swallow my hands or ankles. I smile and show him a thumbs up before we both make way to the outdoor racing track.

Way out of our view, Saweetie confidently struts into the same building and approaches the front desk with her arm hooked around her man's.