Chapter 11

Note: I must say, I'm quite proud of this chapter. 

Rex and Ahsoka parted ways once they returned to the Resolute. He wanted to finish all his forms by the end of the day, and she knew this would be the best time to satisfy her curiosity.

After making sure he was headed immediately to his quarters, she started towards her own destination.

The barracks.

There she found Fives, Jesse, Kix, and Tup all huddled around an overturned crate with cards in their hands. So engrossed in their game, none of them noticed her until she was standing almost immediately behind Fives.

Making eye contact with Kix, Ahsoka silently motioned for him to stay silent before listing off the numbers in the deck before her on her fingers.

"Alright, Fives, I'm calling it. Lay them down."

For a clone, the man was a good liar. He bluffed, saying, "I'll give you a chance to rethink, Kix. You're gonna regret it."

Ahsoka shook her head, grinning.

"Too bad. I said lay them down."

Fives grumbled in frustration once they were flat for everyone to see. "How'd you know?"

All the men sniggered but didn't reveal Ahsoka just yet. "I don't know, maybe I have Force and could feel your terrible hand," Kix said, mirth painted across his face.

"Oh, shut up, ya lousy piece of rakeweed. We all know you don't have the Force."

Perfect.

Ahsoka bent closer to his ear. "No, but I do."

The man nearly fell out his seat in alarm, and the Togruta cackled alongside her men.

"You cheated!" He shouted, pointing at Kix, only making them laugh harder.

Wiping tears from his eyes, Jesse teased him. "I thought ARC troopers were supposed to be bright, Tup. They must've mistaken Fives for another brother."

Tup played along, unable string a full sentence together without snickering. "I think you're onto something, vod. The Commander was standing there for a good, full minute and he still didn't pick up on it."

Fives just scowled at them all. "You boys are just jealous that I would have won if you hadn't had the Commander's help."

Kix was still smirking. "Maybe, but the look on your face was priceless, mate."

"Why you-"

Ahsoka cut him off before they all got too sidetracked. Though it was hilarious to see. "Sorry to interrupt your fun, boys, but would you mind if I borrow Fives for a moment?"

Jesse snorted. "Please do, sir. And keep him."

"Or lose him," Tup quipped.

Fives clearly had something to say to that, but Ahsoka flashed them a smile and grabbed the clone she needed by the bicep.

"Come on, Fives. I have a question I think you'll enjoy explaining."

At her words, he grew nervous, as if worried that he had done something.

Which he probably had.

She didn't correct his assumption but let him stew until they were at the mostly empty side of the room.

Scratching at his goatee, he asked, "So, uh, Commander, what can I do for you?"

"What does cyar'ika mean?"