new beginnings

Wonwoo opened his eyes slowly, peeking through the small openings that his eyelids had managed to limit. He scanned his surroundings, wondering how he had gotten back to his room from last night.

As if on cue, the doctor walked in, "good morning, Wonwoo. I'm glad to see that you're awake now."

"What happened last night?" Wonwoo asked as he was hit with a strong headache.

"You were walking around as usual, you somewhat lost consciousness and there was a man who got you to the nurse's counter and brought you back here," the doctor explained as he checked Wonwoo's status.

Wonwoo nodded as the doctor left Mingyu's number on his bedside table, "what's this?" Wonwoo examined the small piece of paper.

"That's Mingyu's number, he was the one who practically saved you," the doctor held the door open, "you should thank him personally," before leaving Wonwoo alone again.

.

"Thank him... personally?" Wonwoo stared at the numbers on the paper. He placed the paper back onto the side table, where he first found it. He then pulled out his diary.

Wonwoo wouldn't like calling it a diary, since he'd like to include his plans and goals. Now, the book was probably the closest thing he had to having a friend.

Wonwoo had found himself scribbling down a specific name into his journal. He then mentally cursed himself for doing so. Why was the boy's name on his mind anyways?

Wonwoo continued writing and writing. He had written quite a lengthy letter after feeling his arm sore. "Why can't I write a normal letter like I used to?" He gripped his hair as he frustrated from the dumb love letters he had written for the past few attempts of writing a letter.

It was heartfelt and descriptive, Wonwoo's favorite style of writing style. One that catches the readers off-guard and feel the burning emotions in all his pieces.

"Darkness will not last forever..." Wonwoo ran his fingers over his writing, implanting it into his mindset.

He really needed someone to do that instead. He knew, no matter what, he couldn't influence himself into his own mind. He needed someone special to teach him that.

Despite that, Wonwoo still loved the darkness. He loved it physically; but hated it mentally. He knew his parents loved him but it too, felt like they'd like to manage their business more than him back home.

They'd rarely visit too. They would only stop by whenever there was an emergency, other than that, Wonwoo was practically alone; life filled with gloom. He enjoyed reading romance novels, especially those which happens within hospitals.

Wonwoo would be lying if he said he had not fantasized about it himself. He'd always done that whenever he couldn't fall asleep. He'd imagined himself in a cliche love story too. He knew it was close to impossible for him to have that, but whatever. It helped him sleep soundly at night.

Wonwoo found himself drifting off to the handsome stranger from last night again. He'd hoped for him to be the one who had saved him from last night; the one the doctor talked about.

Call Wonwoo quick to dream or whatever but he was already imagining a life with the unnamed stranger. One couldn't blame him though, he had not any kind of relationship in his whole life. It was only now that he found his racing heart whilst thinking of the other.