When One Can Start Over

Start from the beginning

Aliya looked at Katy who looked ahead, "I forgive you." Katy glared at her, unamused with her teasing tone. 

==+==

Aliya was glad that the warehouse was only a few steps away when she noticed Katy glued to the ground. She glanced back at her and followed her gaze, her heart aching for her. "It's okay." Aliya whispered while she held Katy's hand. 

Aliya sighed when Katy pushed her hand away before walking up to the ladder. "I should probably be the one he first sees." Katy let her approach the door slowly, just watching Aliya knock on the door with an unusual rhythm. "Arden?" Katy rolled her eyes at her, the door was steel, nobody will be able to hear her down there. 

"He won't hear you if you whisper like that." Aliya let Katy bang on the door loudly. They waited for a while before Aliya became restless and forced the door open with a crowbar that Katy had in her bag. 

Aliya jogged down the stairs and zoomed through aisles on end. "Arden!" She almost stumbled as she ran towards Arden who was passed out on the floor. She knelt in front of him, taking his head and putting it on her lap, slightly slapping him awake. "Arden! Wake up!" She shook him for a bit but he was unresponsive. 

"Aliya." She looked back at Katy who had a chemical in her hand. Aliya's heart dropped as she looked back at Arden, "You stupid asshole! Why would you drink that?" A sob escaped her lips as she tried to shake him awake. Katy immediately read the instructions on what to do when swallowed. 

"Induce vomiting! Put two fingers in his mouth and push it deep!" She immediately does what she is instructed. When Arden suddenly gagged and started to throw up, she patted his back, helping him vomit. 

Katy squatted next to them, taking the radio. "I'll radio for Elisha." Aliya gratefully nodded and went back to patting Arden on his back. He coughed violently before vomiting some more. Aliya let out a sigh of relief before wiping her tears with the back of her wrists. 

"Aliya?" She looked at him with anger, "You're a dumbass. Why the fuck would you drink poison?" He only looked at her with disbelief before slowly sitting up, touching her face. "You're real?" Aliya closed her eyes before nodding, letting him engulf her in a hug. 

She hugged him back, "I'm sorry I took so long." Arden only rocked both of them back and forth, his sobs and cries raked her body as well. 

He pulled away from her, taking her face in. "I thought you died." Aliya shook her head, "She saved me." Katy nodded at them from a distance when she noticed that her presence was being acknowledged. "That's Katy. She and the others saved me. They're on their way here." Arden only stared at her face, nodding. 

Aliya gave him a firm punch on his shoulder, making him wince and hold the sore spot. "Why?" She only glared at him, "Don't do that shit again." Arden only smiled, pulling her into a hug.