Rubbing the back of your neck you weren't sure how to continue, "I just- my own thoughts run rampant sometimes, and my mouth speaks before I think when it gets like that."

"You don't need to apologize."

"I-" you started- breath caught in your throat, before his hand placed itself on your shoulder.

No more words.

Just a squeeze that assured you that you were fine.

That it wasn't a bad thing. Just a thing that would take time.

Techno wasn't comfortable letting down walls-

And you weren't going to force it unless he's open to talking.

In an almost nervous manner he said, "Its not that I don't like you- you're leagues above everyone on my list- alright?" the hand that wasn't currently on your shoulder scratched the back of his neck, "I just have trouble with these things. Words are not my strong suit. Violence is."

He didn't want you to hold something against him for not opening up- that much was clear, and you held nothing against him.

Even with the both of you firmly seated back on the edge of the fence- neither of you were willing to go back down the rabbit hole.

Regardless of awkwardness, you placed a hand on his- the one that was on your shoulder, giving a small squeeze.

This was fine.

Neither of you resented each other.

The both of you walked back home trying to ignore the darker tones, instead focusing on humor again- awkwardly laughing off any trace of depressing thoughts.

The sun was getting lower and lower in the sky, dusk creeping up on the both of you.

A few animals were killed along the way- dinner- probably, Techno holding two chickens by the feet when the both of you walked back into the ravine.

The last glimmers of sunset vanished, forest being shrouded in darkness.

Techno arrived at the entrance first, digging into the dirt room and letting you in before closed the entrance off.

L'dog was curled up next to the crafting table, snoozing away and barely flicking an ear when you both came tromping in.

"Hey. " you started, Techno glancing at you, standing at the top of the stairway down.

"Before you head down- I figured I should thank you, for dropping all the stuff you were gonna do."

"Already told told you- not a problem." He hummed, turning to go down the steps before you kept talking.

"And! As much as I'd like to hoard it- there's only one way to really make it up to you-" shuffling over to the ender chest, you slid the lid open, "I'd feel bad if you left today empty handed-"

Finally, his interest had been drawn in, his form stepping over to where you stood.

You rustled around in the chest for another moment before pulling out something.

"Heeh?" Techno glanced between you, what was in your hands, and then back up to you, "Lemme get this right, you were sitting on this stuff?"

"Yes. They-... have a lot of sentimental value to me- but you've been nice to me, so I figured I'd spare you some grinding."

With shaky hands, Techno reached out, unsurely grabbing what you handed to him.

"Why wouldn't you make yourself gear with this?"

"Like I said- sentimental value."

"So you were sitting on an unholy amount of ancient debris. Out of purely sentimental value." You could hear the eyebrow raise in his tone of voice.

"Bruh. I ain't repeating what I said a third time."

Again, he glanced between you, the netherite, and back to you, before he straightened his back and muttered, "Thank you- for this- uh... it'll save me a lotta grinding- this doesn't at all change my opinion about deep conversations- urgh-"

Despite his complaints, the tips of his ears that just poked out of his hair were dusted red- though you didn't say anything- just nodding and agreeing with him.

He reached past you, dumping all the netherite into his own end chest, before straightening again and mumbling, "I'm not at all touched in any way by this gesture-"

"Of course." You gently smiled, watching him turn around and take his chickens with him into the ravine.

The top of his pink head of hair was the last thing you saw as he vanished down the steps, ears still dusted pink.

Today you could safely say you had a much firmer grasp on Techno as a character- and you were sure he could say the same about you.

He was strong- undeniably so. So much so that letting anyone see the softer base he was built on was so far out of the question that he would glaze over other people's pain just to keep himself from sympathizing- and sympathizing in his book... could only be assumed as weak.

Poor guy.

He's got a lot of weight on his shoulders.