unsteady

TW: Dilaudid

'Sometimes all I think about is you"- heatwaves, glass animals

The overwhelming thought of Spencer's problem takes control of my brain.
I know he's in pain, and I know that all I can do is try to help him, but what good can I even do if I have no experience?

I can't let him go home, can I? If he goes home, he takes it again, and then it will become even bigger of a problem.
So I'll ask him to stay at mine for tonight, I don't want to let him go home alone.

I don't know where he is at the moment, he hasn't spoken to me much since our conversation. And I suppose he is busy with work, but I'm hardly able to do my job at the moment.

"It's not Tracy. She was at work when Tommy was taken, she has a solid alibi" JJ tells me.
"So, we currently have no idea who our unsub is?" I ask.
JJ shakes her head, looking defeated.
"Great, we have some psycho bitch on the loose who may try take another child. Isn't that fun?" I sigh.

"I know. It's hard too, knowing that someone else's child was in danger. I'd be so mentally destroyed if it were my kid." JJ says.
My head snaps up to look at her.
"JJ, what did you just say?"
JJ looks at me, and gives me a lopsided smile.
"Are you pregnant?" I ask.
JJ nods, and I pull her into a hug immediately.

"I'm so happy for you! How does Will feel about it?"
Will is JJ's boyfriend, I've never met him but apparently his Louisiana  accent is so thick it's almost impossible to understand him.
"He's delighted. He's already picked out a handful of names" she says.
"Do the rest of the team know yet?"
"Just Garcia, and now you too. I'll tell them soon enough. Right now though, I have to get back to work"

She walks off, grinning at me before leaving.
And now I need to find Spencer,
I walk around the station, trying to spot a fall brunette in a sweater vest anywhere, but I can't see him.
He's nowhere to be seen, I even ask Hotch if he has seen him.
What if he's taking  Dilaudid again?

The only place where he could actually do that right now is the bathroom. Yeah, I'm not allowed into the men's restroom because I'm a female, so I knock on the door first.
"Spencer?" I call.
"Y/N, please leave me alone for the moment." I hear his voice reply from the other side of the door.
"Spencer, are you okay?" I ask.

I get no response, and it instantly worries me.
"Reid, please tell me you're not-"
"Y/N, i apologise, but I do what I like."
I push open the door, and see Spencer standing at the sink, tears streaming down his face

I look at the discarded needle in the bin, and the smashed vial of Dilaudid on the ground.
I grab him, and hold him, until eventually he hugs me back. He's sobbing into my shoulder, and we gradually drop to the ground.
"I'm sorry" he whispers.
"Spencer it's okay, I have you." I comfort him.
He still clings onto me, and before I know it I'm also crying.