revelations

TW: dilaudid and kidnapping

You should never believe there's good in anyone

My heart feels as if it's going to explode, and not in a good way.
I'm still sitting with JJ, I don't want to leave her.

Emily walks over to us, her hands buried in her pockets.
"Is Reid out here with you guys?" She asks.
JJ pushes herself off the back of the ambulance. "You haven't found him?"

Morgan rests his hand on JJ's shoulder. "We'll find him. But Hotch is suggesting that if we can't find him by 4am, we get some rest"
"No way. You guys can go back to the hotel. I'm staying here." I declare.
"Y/N, you need to get some sleep if you want to keep looking for him tomorrow." Emily says.

"But I want to find him tonight."
"Well," Morgan looks at Emily before continuing, "there's a chance Hankel might have taken Reid."
"You mean, he's been kidnapped?" I ask.
I can't stop the tears at this stage, they just seem to flow and I let them.

I'm more crying out of frustration than anything else, and also crying knowing that one of my friends is in danger, and I can't do anything to prevent it.

"How about I bring you back to the hotel now, we need to get back to get Garcia anyway." Emily says.
I'm reluctant to go, but she takes my arm and before I know it we're driving.

—————————————-
The next morning was extremely chaotic. I practically jumped out of bed when I woke up, put fresh clothing on and tied up my hair.

I'm supposed to meet Emily and Penelope outside at 7:00am sharp. I look at the clock on the wall, 6:57.
I slip my feet into my converse and tie up my laces, I then grab my bag, stashing an energy drink inside. I'll probably need one.

I run into Emily and Penelope in the hallway, and we explain what happened to Spencer. Penelope doesn't even know yet, and someone as sweet as her being hurt and worried doesn't sit right with me.

"He has this whole tech system we need you to check out, you'd know how good he is better than anyone else." Emily tells.
"There's a chance he could be filming Spencer, and playing it on his setup at home." I say.
"What do you mean? Why would he be filming Reid?" Garcia asks.

Emily shoots a glance at me. "We think he's taken Reid"
Penelope almost drops her laptop.
"He took Reid?" Her mouth hangs open.
I nod my head at her, and set my gaze anywhere but her.

My hands move closer to my sides, and my head turns down slightly.
"Oh, Y/N. I'm so sorry" Penelope says, before throwing her arms around me.
Her voice breaks, like she's already crying.
"Why did you apologise to me?" I ask.

Penelope moves out of the hug, and places both her hands on my shoulders. "I just thought- You and Reid are really close friends, and it's rare he ever trusts new people so easily. The only time he has before is when he met Derek." She says.