"And before you ask, she called in Nat and Dan to help Miles before she left. Now all I want you to  worry about is yourself and that baby."

I calm down only slightly as Asher holds my hand until we reach the emergency entrance of the hospital. He stays with me as long as he can before telling me he'll be back once his shift is done in a few hours. 

Now I'm alone again. Not literally as I'm surrounded by others waiting for a room, but I feel very alone. My baby's father isn't here, Tammy isn't here, my parents aren't here, it's just me and the baby against the world. 

A nurse wheels me to my room and I begin to get settled as Dr. Meil walks in with a smile on her face. 

"Well someone's a little early huh? I guess your little guy just couldn't wait to meet you." 

"Yeah I've been waiting so long to see him, but now that we're finally here I'm a little scared." I choke out the last words as another contraction comes on. They've definitely gotten strong and closer together, but my water still hasn't broken.

"Since your water didn't break on its own I will do it for you, It doesn't hurt the baby or you at all. Once I break it the process will speed up and since you're already at 9cm it'll be pretty soon." She pops up from between my legs throwing the gloves in the trash.

My eyes nearly pop out of my head when I hear how far dilated I am.

"I'm 9cm?!? But, I want the epidural, it was in the plan. I know you may have faith in me but I'm not like those women who want to do it naturally, I want the drugs."

Dr. Meil plans to come back in a few minutes to break my water and a few moments later Tammy walks in holding two bags, my mom is not far behind. 

"Oh, my sweet, sweet girl. How are you doing honey, I left work as soon as Tammy called me." She drops her bag on a nearby chair and starts pulling my hair away from my face and into a bun.

"I would be a lot better if I could get the epidural, she said I'm already 9cm and it's too late." I sulk looking up at her. No matter how old I am, I always feel like a little girl being comforted by my mom. 

I don't give her time to respond as another contraction hits and she grabs my hand, coaching me through it. By the time it's over I feel like a sweaty mess and Dr. Meil is back to break my water. 

Once she does it I feel like someone pressed the fast forward button and within half an hour I'm fully dilated getting ready to push. 

Maybe an hour later my beautiful baby boy has been welcomed into the world.

Kaden Oliver Dyne was born on November 18th, 2020 weighing in at 7lbs 0oz. 

The next few hours are probably the craziest and most wonderful of my entire life, after Kaden is weighed and checked I get to hold him again but this time he's not covered in a bunch of gunk. 

With the help of a nurse I have successfully breastfed Kaden, and he was not sleeping on my chest. Tammy was also taking a nap curled up in the corner and my mom left to pick up my dad and something to eat. 

There's a soft knock on the door before a familiar head pops in. 

Hey, hot mama. Can I come in or should I come back later?"

No matter how tired I am, I couldn't turn him away. He walks in holding a blue bear wearing a t-shirt with the hospital's name on it and a helium balloon.

He sits and stares in awe as we make quiet conversation, doing our best not to wake the sleeping newborn on my chest. 

"So, now that he's here what are you gonna do about your place?"

I sigh before responding, "I'm not sure, my lease is ending and the place is too small. I don't want to inconvenience my parents but I might not have a choice."

Asher pauses for a moment before responding. 

"You don't have to say yes, but I want you to think about what I'm about to say, okay?"

Kaden begins to stir a little, before settling as Asher speaks again. 

"I've been thinking about this for a while, and I have extra rooms. You and Kaden could move in with me, I've been looking for roommates anyways."

I don't respond for a moment, really taking in what he just said. I really do need a place to stay, but living with a baby and a newborn at that is going to be a lot of work and I tell him exactly that. 

"I swear to you I've thought this through, I have a semi-detached house with two extra rooms and a lot of space. You're my friend and I want to help you, but I don't need an answer now. Just think it over and let me know okay."

This is a really big decision to make, but part of me already knows my answer.

*****

Hey guys, sorry for the wait but here's the newest chapter I hope you all enjoy it. It's a little shorter than I would've liked but I didn't wanna go too in-depth with the whole labour process. I've never given birth so I tried to be as accurate as possible with google by my side. 

What do you think Addison's going to say? Seeing that this is Wattpad I'm sure you can already guess.

Also, I'm not sure if this was stated in a previous chapter but Addison's last name is Dyne, so the baby has her last name instead of Justin's in case anyone was wondering.

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Would you guys like to see moments of Kaden as a newborn/the first year of his life in the story? I wasn't planning on it but I can do a chapter if you guys are interested in that. It would be like a bunch of little moments within the chapter styled kind of like diary entries or something.

Let me know!

Don't forget to comment and vote, I love hearing what you guys have to say!

Have a sunny morning, afternoon, evening, and night.