Chapter 8 - Shut Up

[Katara's POV]

"Are you serious?" Aang asked, turning around to look at me.

"I tried to ask the teacher to pair me up with someone else but he wouldn't budge," I whined, trying to convince Aang.

"Couldn't you have done something?" Aang questioned, coming closer to my small frame. The look in his eyes was dark like a raging storm, and his face was partly pale. "I don't want you working on a project with Jet!"

"Aang? Are you jealous?" I asked, a smirk growing on my face. I tried to stifle a laugh, but it came out as vicious chuckling instead. Aang's face started turning a hue of pink and his eyes were wide.

"What! Noooo!" Aang turned around, hiding his probably red face. He vigorously shook his head, as if that would convince me to take back my remark.

After a few seconds of uncomfortable quiet, he sighed and buried his face in his hands. He walked back to his bed and sank into it, closing his eyes.

"I have an idea," I spoke up, a grin plastered on my face. Aang peeked at me from his seat on the bed, and raised an eyebrow, motioning me to continue.

~Later~

"Are you sure this will work?" Aang questioned, grabbing my arm and stopping me in the middle of the hallway, two minutes before our Band class, his stormy grey eyes looking at me in concern and worry.

"Yes, I'm sure," I concluded, cupping his cheek with my right hand and looking at him with a smile. He returned it with a shaky, no doubt nervous, smile. "Nothing will go wrong, it's just a school project, stop worrying."

"He could try something, y'know? I just want you to be careful," he shrugged, trying, and failing, to mask his anxiousness. I rolled my eyes in obvious recognition and shook my head like I would at a little child.

"He will try nothing, stop worrying," I whined, hitting Aang playfully on his arm, and in return, I ended up shaking it in pain. He gave me a playful smirk and walked me to the classroom.

While I walked down the hall toward my classroom, I could feel the eyes of the happy students who were giggling and passing notes in between classes. I simply focused on those dark double doors at the end of the hallway. As I made my way through, the tight, busy corridor I felt as if I was in a coffin. It seemed like the walls were closing in around me as I got bumped around by my classmates. Aang quickly grabbed my hand and dragged me into the classroom.

"To what do we owe the great honor to see you two," the teacher said sarcastically, definitely not in the mood for two kids with evil plans. "You. Are. Late."

Aang gulped audibly and sunk into his chair next to the rest of the Gaang. I followed him and sat next to a disappointed Sokka.

"Why were you late? Making out again?" Sokka asked, his eyebrows creased in anger and his frown evident on his face. This was serious. He was being serious. I would do anything to get out of this awkward position. In the middle of class, talking about my boyfriend. I calmed myself and tried to calm Sokka down. No, I didn't, I attacked him with words.

"It's none of your business what I do with my boyfriend," I replied, crossing my arms and looking away, pouting like a child. Sokka just rolled his eyes and threw me a piercing glare.

Toph nudged my shoulder hard, causing a little tingle to spread through, "Ignore him, Sugar Queen, he's just jealous," Toph smirked, eyeing Sokka with her pale eyes.

"Jealous of what?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, confused. Toph shrugged and turned completely towards me, not even trying to hide the fact she was talking between class.