chapter 152: no longer you and i

Start from the beginning

"Okay," Hoseok said with a small smile. "Open communication is key - I won't find you insensitive, so don't find me too sensitive too, alright?"

"Right-" Chungha giggled. "So tell me - what else did I not tell you about that you wanted to know...?"

"Who ate my last cookie in the fridge?"

Chungha laughed. "It was me."

"I freaking knew it-" Hoseok groaned. "Then what about... who else in the office is dating?"

"Other than you and I, there's Hyejin-ssi and bujang-nim..." Chungha thought for a while. "I think Jisoo-ssi is seeing a guy outside in secret. Daniel-ssi and Jihyo-ssi also seem to have something going on."

"Daebak..." Hoseok gasped. "I never would have guessed..."

"That's because you're kinda slow, to be honest."

Hoseok furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm what?"

"I'm just kidding-" Chungha laughed as she punched Hoseok playfully in the arm. "But this is all I know. Don't ask me for any more information - I'm not a gossip channel, alright?"

"Alright-" Hoseok laughed and nodded as he picked up his camera once more. "Anyway, let's get back to work - we still have an article to publish."

"Been about time, don't you think?" Hyejin, who was standing right next to them, hardcarrying the whole team, let out a loud sigh. "I've been standing here feeling like the third-wheel for the past ten minutes, listening to you two sort out your relationship problems."

"Okay, we're sorry-" Chungha laughed as she swung her arms around Hyejin and Hoseok. "Next time, bring your boyfriend to join us or something - we can have a double date news reporting session."

"Please-" Hyejin scoffed loudly. "That guy can't even stand noise."

"He can't...?" Hoseok grinned. "Well, that's another thing added to my list of things I can irritate him with."

"If you don't mind me saying this-" Hyejin peered over at Hoseok. "I think you're top on the list, sunbae-nim."

Hoseok gasped. "Me-?"

The girls burst into laughter at Hoseok's displeasure.

"Ah, I really love working with you guys-" Chungha exclaimed, as she picked up her laptop and began to type. "Seriously, I love it."

"Same here-" Hyejin beamed as she filmed the fireworks in the sky. "I'm glad I finally found something that I have passion and confidence in."

"I guess everyone is different," Hoseok commented, full of insights as he glanced up at the sky. "That's why there are so many jobs in this world - some people prefer to stand on stage, in the spotlight; meanwhile others prefer to work behind the scenes. But all of us, in whatever we do, as long as we enjoy what we're doing and manage to find our confidence... we're able to all shine just as bright. Let's go on like this for a long time, Chungha-ya, Hyejin-ah."

Chungha and Hyejin exchanged smiles.

"Mm."

"Let's work together like this for a long time."

-•-•-

The whole sky lit up with fireworks at the end of the very eventful night. Jennie and Yoongi sat at a distance away, watching the night sky light up in many different colours. They hadn't spoken much since they had left the concert hall earlier on, but now that the silence was broken, they began to speak to each other again.

"Wah..." Jennie exclaimed as her eyes sparkled with the reflection of the fireworks. "So pretty..."

Yoongi glanced at Jennie, admiring the fireworks through her eyes, a small smile playing at his lips the whole time. "Mmhmm... so pretty indeed."