Crazy In Love❗️

Start from the beginning

   "You know sometimes, I hate it when women give me so much attention," he said between laughs.

I continued to giggles.

  "Don't they have anything else to talk about?"
   "Well, they can't resist talking about you, maybe?"
   "No, but I don't like it," he said matter-of-factly.
   "I always thought men enjoyed getting attention from women," I said, clearing my throat.
   "Yeah, they do, but I don't. It's high-time mindsets change."
   "What do you mean?" I asked.
   "I mean, isn't it quite stereotypical, girls going after guys and vice versa."
   "What?" I laughed at his question.
   "What happened?" He shrugged.
   "That's how it has always been. Men chasing women. Women chasing men. It's natural. A universal truth."
   "Okay, if you say so," he said, rolling his eyes.

We left the restaurant and walked towards the car. I shivered as the cold air hit me and regretted not bringing my shawl.

   "Are you okay?" He asked, his brows furrowed in concern.
   "I'm fine." I lied.
   "No, you're shivering."

Before I could say another word, he took off his camel-coloured blazer and wrapped it around my shoulders. I inhaled his perfume as he leaned closer, sending shivers down my spine. I slightly turned my head to look at his face—his almond brown eyes, the long lashes, his perfectly shaped nose and his sensual lips. He was perfect.

   "Are you Okay now?" he whispered, his breath intermingling with mine.
   "Yes." I whispered back, looking into his dreamy eyes.
   "Good," he said, looking back into mine.

Both of us made our way to the car. We remained quite during the journey homewards, lost in our respective dreamworlds.

   "We're here." he declared as he brought the car to a halt outside my house. There was a pregnant pause as we both looked ahead at the road.

   "Thankyou for the lovely evening, Sameer. I had a great time." I finally said, turning my face towards him.
    "Thank you for coming." He said, smiling.
    "Umm... I should return your jacket. Wait," I said, holding the front lapel.
     "It's ok." He held my hand. My heartbeat stopped. "You can keep it. I'll take it some other time."
     "Sure." I asked, my voice softer than a whisper.
     "Of course, Taani." He said.

I wrapped my fingers around his hand and inched closer, closing the gap between us. Slowly, I put my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes.

  "Taa...."

Before he could say my name, I pressed my lips against his and slowly decoured them. He shifted in his seat, wrapping his arms around the small of my back. I leaned closer, deepening our kiss. I couldn't make out whether he was kissing me back with the same intensity or not. The feeling was exhilarating yet beautiful. I could live in this moment for an eternity.

Suddenly, the silence was pierced by a loud screech of a breaks. He jerked his head up, interuppting the kiss. I flushed as I realized what I'd just done. I stole a glance at him but he was busy looking at the car that had stopped with a loud thud. I searched his face for a reaction but he remained impassive.

   "Uh, maybe I should just leave." I said, picking up my handbag.
   "All right." He mumbled.

I got out of the car and slung the handbag over my shoulder.

   "Taani," Sameer said.
I turned around to look back at him.

   "Goodnight." He said, smiling.
   "Goodnight." I said, before hurrying inside my house.

I shut the door behind me and collapsed on the floor. What did I just do? Did I really kiss Sameer Malhotra? Oh God! Where did the courage come from? But . . . Did he . . . did he kiss me back? Ofcourse, he did. I think I'm going mad .  . . Does love really make you this crazy? I wondered.

  The next morning, my parents quizzed me about the previous night. They wanted a blow-by-blow account of how the evening panned out. Honestly, I didn't know how to tell them. I was as confused as they were. Sameer hadn't proposed to me or professed his love but something had surely happened between us and that made me believe that he was interested.

  "Did anything happened last night?" My mother asked, standing on the threshold of the kitchen. "Did he say something to you?" She asked again, when I didn't respond.
   "Mom, please!" I shot her a fuming look and stormed out of the kitchen.
   "What's wrong with you? Tell me, did something happen?" She asked, following me to the dinning table.
   "What do you want to know?" I asked her as I spread the peanut butter on a slice of toast.
    "Did he say something?" She asked again.
    "Um, no!" I said, shaking my head.
    "Did he do something?" She raised a brow.
    "Mom!" I frowned
    "Then what happened?" She asked, getting impatient. "Tell me, na"
    "I think he likes me too." I finally said.
    "You think?" she asked. Right then, my father joined us at the table.

I nodded, biting into the toast.

   "Do you want me to talk to Yash?" Dad asked, taking a seat beside me.
   "Wait, what will you ask him?" I asked.
   "I will ask him if his son is interested in marrying my daughter and see if we can fix a date."
    "Dad, really?" I asked, blushing scarlet.
    "I didn't know girls still blushed on hearing about their marriage." Dad teased me.
    "Suniye, don't waste your time then. Go and talk to Yash Bhai Sahab and see what he says. I'm sure Sameer must have spoken to his parents by now." Mom said.
    "Okay, madam. I will." Dad said.
    "I love you, Mom!" I stood up and wrapped my arms around her.
    "I can't wait to see you as a bride, my bacha!"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~