Chapter 2 - Kou & Aya

Ayumi

I sincerely think my stars are misaligned.

Because how does one get on the literal human bomb's radar? Without even glancing at him?

From the first time I met him, I knew he was someone I needed to stay far, far away from. His unpredictable energy is one I can never tolerate, not with how quickly I get into my panic headspace when in crowds. He's one who can navigate through them well, even attracts them to an extent. The last thing I need is a crowd conjurer by my side.

Or so I thought.

This boy, whose physique is awfully like a man's, somehow figured out I have a fear of crowds, and proceeded to help me find a nice place of isolation whenever I was faced with one.

He never even spared me a glance before. So why on earth does he now?

The fact my heart nearly leapt out of my chest when we were in that cleaning closet, I thought I'd die from a panic attack or from a sudden burst of aggression on his side. But then, Bakago managed to keep a shockingly soft voice and a tender touch. It can leave anyone questioning the way the world works. I clearly do.

(And if you think I made a mistake by calling him Bakago, you are sorely mistaken. I know it's not his name but it is what he'll be called from now on; I don't care if it's unoriginal, he isn't the only one who can come up with distasteful nicknames.)

Even if this kid looking man does resemble the king in my dreams... I mean, it's just the hair, and the voice, and the way they both are literal balls of aggressive energy.

It's not like I find Bakago attractive... Definitely not. I definitely don't care if he notices little things about me after only knowing me for one week and only speaking to me today... Definitely not.

Anyway, after the cleaning closet escapade, we come back to the classroom, me behind him, grumbling in annoyance, only to witness Midoriya renounce his position as class president to the very capable Iida-kun. Then we settle in to attend our classes until five o'clock.

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to make school days as long as work days (we are children you know), but here we are.

When Aizawa Sensei informs us of the rescue exercise and explains to everyone to change into their choice of either their P.E. uniform or their hero costume, I feel the course of adrenaline rush through my veins.

I can't wait to show just how exceptional I am in the rescue department just as I am in the fighting one.

Iida-kun has everyone line-up and go in alphabetical order, only to be organized in an open layout bus, foiling his plan on being exemplary students. It was genuinely amusing to witness his antics. His stuck up attitude seems perfect for being class president, and for some reason the fact that the guy can even make Bakago listen makes me ecstatic.

At least the explosive boy listens to people of authority.

Now, as the bus heads to our rescue exercise in another U.A. campus, I enjoy my seat beside Todoroki-kun. Like Bakago, he is a powerhouse with emotions that seem more closed off and disconnected than the explosion boy. And I enjoy his silent company. As he naps, I admire my hero costume I can never get enough of.

Because above the simple black leggings, I have two shiny copper stripes running down each side on my legs, metal fabric that I can unweave from my costume in case of emergencies when all else fails. And with the leggings I am wearing a plain, tight, black tank top, the sides on torso also fashioned with those stripes of copper. Covering the tank top is a copper breastplate that was reminiscent of ancient Greek armor, a pitch black utility belt tucked right below it.