Chapter 1 - The First Encounter

Katsuki 

Bright auburn hair, freckled pale skin, big blue-green eyes that resemble small globes.

A pure white dress stained with crimson blood... an arrow piercing her stomach.

Her hand on his cheek, her thumb softly caressing back and forth underneath his eye.

Her small smile, bright and caring. Tears streaking down her flushed cheeks.

"Kousuke.... I love you....

I promise I will be with you again... I promise my love...my Kou...

...I promise."

I wake up with a start, my shaky breaths echo in my bedroom.

Inhaling and exhaling deeply, I slowly calm down from the heart-wrenching nightmare.

I've seen the annoying dream only a few times. All since my fifteenth birthday, the carrot-head dying in my arms, calling out to me.

Calling me Kousuke.

I only met her in these nightmares and whenever I witness her death, my chest tightens in grief. It frustrates the hell out of me.

My name isn't even Kousuke. Why the hell am I being affected by a fake extra's death?

A beautiful extra, though.

I shake my head, staring at the floor.

Shut it Katsuki.

I get out of bed angrily. It's only a few minutes before my alarm is supposed to ring; might as well get ready anyway.

Still groggy, I go through the normal motions of the morning and still get scolds from the old hag when I'm too loud while brushing my teeth and screaming 'die' to kill those shitty germs on my teeth and in my gums.

After finishing my quick yet thorough morning routine and having my daily dose of annoyance with the old hag, I stomp my way to school. The prestigious school that I dreamt of going to since I was a little brat; a dream I made a reality with my two hands. I shove my hands in my pockets, my thoughts returning to the scene of my dream.

One thing was obvious. If I were Kousuke, I would've been strong enough to protect what's mine.

Strong enough to stop a measly arrow. Strong enough to fight the killer. Strong enough to save that (pretty) extra's life.

As I get closer to UA's gates, I start to remember my failure from yesterday. I shouldn't think I am any better than Kousuke. After all, I lost against shitty Deku for crying out loud. I just hope whatever happens today will help me prove how I am better than the freckled nerd on any given day.

She had freckles, a voice reverberates in the back of my head.

I violently shake my head, trying to omit my thoughts of said woman. I really need to stop dwelling on some extra made up in my head when I turned fifteen.

As I get nearer to the large and grand gates of UA, deep tangerine-colored hair distracts me from the corner of my eye. And when I pay just a little extra attention, I realize that loud colored hair is Ayumi Yamamoto's.

For some (very annoying and irritating) reason, since the first day at UA, I've been drawn to those orange waves that are more of a deep mandarin shade than tangerine.