Chapter 89

Chapter 89 is dedicated to cloudvity46

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

"I'm going to meet with Daniel," Callie announced after school the next day.

"What?" all three of us shouted in sync.

"I'm going to talk to him," she shrugged. "Remember what Trey said last night about having no regrets?" She took a deep breath in. "I've thought about it and to move on, I need closure."

I hugged her and she sighed and hugged me back. "I can't believe he's back. It still feels like I saw a ghost."

"What about Demetri?" Melissa asked. "Not that it matters what he wants right now."

"I haven't told Demetri yet..." Callie trailed off. "He's kinda mad right now and I don't want to push it. But either way, I'm doing this for me, so he's gonna have to deal with it."

"Preach girl," Melissa cheered.

We drove off towards the Royal Realm. I anxiously drummed my fingers along the window. Kevin started beatboxing to the drumming. I looked over at him with a laugh and he grinned.

"You finally laughed today," he smiled.

"You noticed that?"

"Duh! Of course I did. You're still worried about Ashton aren't you?"

"Yeah... and Micah too." He still wasn't at school either.

"I don't know about Micah, but you don't have to worry so much about Ashton. He's tough, he'll get through this."

I nodded, deciding to take his advice and calm down. Raúl had told me that Ashton's fever had gotten higher. That made me worried. Somehow I had gotten used to having him beside me, and now that he wasn't there anymore I felt kinda empty.

When we got to Ashton's place, Callie came out of the car with her hair curlier than usual. Her lips glistened with gloss and mascara accentuated her already long lashes.

"I thought you just wanted closure," I said, surprised.

"I do, but I'm going to make him realize what he missed out on." She flipped her hair with an alluring smile.

"Yaas, queen!" Melissa hyped her up.

"Okay, I'll try and find that jerk so Callie can talk to him. Come with me Mel, I'll show you around the Royal Realm. And you, go find your boyfriend," Kevin teased.

"He's not my boyfriend," I protested, but he only waved and walked off with them.

I did the usual fingerprint and iris scans and rang the doorbell, but nobody answered. Should I just go inside?

"I'm coming in," I announced as I walked into the mansion, feeling very intruder-ish.

I went up to the second floor, and without even pausing for a moment, I sprinted to the third floor. Kevin had told me to stay away from Ashton's dad and I was going to do just that.

"Aaah!" I screamed as I stepped onto the third floor.

CaVaughn's green eyes stared back at me as he made his way towards the staircase.

"You've got to stop doing that," I said, holding my heart. He scared the living daylights out of me.

"This is my house," he pointed out.

Welp. That was true. I was the intruder anyways. I blushed and nodded. "You're right."

I observed his black sweat suit. "Are you going jogging?"