Chapter 69

Chapter 69 is dedicated to Rinsrealm

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

My hand fell to my side as a sob escaped my lips. Ashton pushed Nicole away and his eyes widened in shock as he stared at me. She rolled her eyes as soon as she saw me before refocusing her attention on Ashton with a triumphant smirk.

“Elizabeth-” Ashton started, but I didn’t wait for him to finish.

I ran away from the room, but instead of going downstairs, I ran to the room furthest away from the one that he was in.

I didn’t want anyone to see me crying like this. I was about ten seconds into my crying session when I obstinately wiped the tears away. I was not going to cry anymore. Not here and definitely not over Ashton.

I opened the door and was about to make my way back downstairs, when Ashton appeared in the doorway.

I tried to ignore him and step around him, but he blocked my path with his body and closed the door.

“Move,” I snapped, pushing past him.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me back.
“Elizabeth, what you saw just now was nothing.”

“Then we don’t have to talk about it then,” I said as calmly as I could and tugged my arm away from him.

He stepped in my way again as I started to leave and ran a hand through his hair.

“Please just allow me to explain,” he implored.

“No thanks. Your girlfriend is probably waiting for you. Don’t let me interrupt,” I scoffed and tried again to step past him.

“She is not my girlfriend."

“Wow,” I said, looking at him. “Aren’t you great. What is she then? Just another one of your toys that you play with when you get bored?”

“You’re not giving me a chance to explain what happened,” he sighed in frustration.

I rolled my eyes. “Tell me, do I have a painted face and a red nose?”

“No,” he answered with a perplexed expression.

“Then why are you treating me like a clown?”

He stared at me bewildered.

“Or maybe I’m the whole circus, since I’m only around when you want entertainment.”

He sighed. “You’re overreacting”

I forced a smile. “Good night, Ashton,” I said as I stormed towards the door.

“She kissed me, Elizabeth,” he turned around to face me. “She was the one who kissed me.”

“I don’t have a problem with that,” I said through gritted teeth.

He caught my hand and pulled me back towards him. “You have really awful timing, you know that?” he grumbled. “As soon as she kissed me, you appeared.”

“I said I don’t care,” I persisted.

“I don’t believe that,” he said softly.

I glared at him. “You don’t have to.”

“Did you come here just to argue with me?” he asked in confusion.

“You think I don’t have anything better to do with my time?” I retorted.