Chapter 108

Chapter 108 is dedicated to _Rxschil_

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

PRINCESS GENEVIEVE
Age: 22

----------------------------------------------------------

I stepped out of the room slowly, trying my best not to fall on my face as I made my way down the corridor. Ashton was already there, leaning against the wall and staring at a painting in front of him.

He modelled his perfectly tailored black suit well. The sight of him literally took my breath away. His dark hair shone brilliantly and was combed to perfection. Why did he have to be so darn perfect?

I wanted to admire him longer, but the moment I stepped into the corridor his eyes snapped to me. His mouth formed an ‘O’. He raised his eyebrows as he came over to me.
“Hello, princess.”

“Hey, your highness,” I blushed. He looked even better up close and he smelled divine.

“You look… beautiful,” he breathed, taking my hand in his.

My senses went haywire at the brush of his fingers and I tried to remind myself to get back down to Earth. He gave me a light peck on the cheek. When he pulled back, his eyes glittered with mischief.

“I wish I didn’t have to share you with everyone else tonight,” he whispered, pulling me closer to his body.

I shivered as his warm breath caressed my face. “Maybe we should ditch this thing.”

He grinned at that. “Since when does Miss Innocent ditch?”

“Since I got these,” I muttered, sticking my foot out so he could see the shoes. “They should come with a warning sign. Something that says, ‘Stay six feet away from me if you don’t want to get stepped on.’”

“That would be funny.”

“Hey!” I slapped his arm, my mouth tilting into a pout. “I don’t want to come crashing down with all the royals around to see. Did you know I almost fell up the stairs a day ago? And I was wearing sneakers!”

“How do you fall ‘up’ stairs?”

“Have you met me?” I groaned and he laughed.

“I’ll make sure you stay upright tonight, then.”

“So does that mean we have to go?”

“Unfortunately, it does.”

I sighed and his lips twitched as he tried to hold back his laughter.

“I’m happy to see that you’re in such high spirits,” the king said, stepping out into the corridor. “You look lovely, Elizabeth. Just like a true princess of Crysauralia.”

Ashton was tense beside me as his dad came closer to inspect us.

“Truly perfect,” he smiled, circling around us. “This is a big moment for both of you. Ashton will be revealed as the crown prince and you as his soulmate and betrothed. Make sure you don’t forget everything that is at stake here.”

We nodded stiffly and he patted Ashton’s shoulder with a satisfied smile. After he’d gone back to where he'd come from, Ashton sighed, and glanced at me. “Ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.”

He extended the crook of his elbow to me. “Then shall we?”

I linked my arm with his and tried to steady my pounding heart as I prepared to face the royals.
----------------------------------------------------------