Chapter 73

Chapter 73 is dedicated to Lemon-Demon-Stan

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

“Okay, so you guys know how I absolutely adore Mila O’Kaine, right?” Callie said to me and Melissa excitedly as we walked to lunch.

We nodded. Mila was one of the biggest actresses and had been one of Callie’s inspirations to get into acting. Her movies were always in the top ten on the charts and she had won five Oscars.

“So… she’s doing another movie and they’re having auditions in a few weeks, and I know I probably won’t even make the cut because I have almost zero experience, but I still wanted to give it a try!” she gushed.

“What do you think?” she asked, biting her lip nervously.

“I think you should go for it, sis,” Melissa encouraged her. “I’ve seen you on the stage and it’s where you belong. You’re great at everything to do with the arts.”

“Mhmm,” I agreed. “If you don’t audition, then there’s a one hundred percent chance that you won’t get a role. But if you audition, you have a better shot.”

“Didn’t you already audition for a TV show a few days ago, though?” Melissa asked.

“Yeah, but I really want to do a movie with Mila. It’s the chance of a lifetime. I can’t pass it up.”

“Go for it then,” she smiled. “I know you can do it.”

Callie grinned at us as we got our lunches and sat down. She chatted animatedly about her chance to meet Mila. I was listening to her, but at the same time, something just felt off. Not with Callie though, just overall. I hadn’t seen Nicole or her henchwomen today and it was kind of unsettling.

But maybe I was just worrying over nothing. She had probably peacefully accepted the fact that she and Ashton had broken up.
Ashton and Kevin came into the cafeteria and went to their usual table. Ashton looked over to me and smiled. I gave him a shy wave and turned back to my lunch with a smile.

“Well, well what do we have here?” Nicole said, sauntering over to our table.

Melissa and Callie eyed her distastefully.

“Should you really be glaring at me?” she pouted. “When your friend stole my boyfriend?”

Okay, so apparently she wasn’t going to accept it peacefully.

“Who gave that to you?” she snapped as the light glinted off my necklace and caught her eye.

“Uh-um…” I hesitated. It felt weird to tell her that I got it from Ashton.

She scoffed. “Let me try it,” she said, quickly undoing the clasp.

“Hey, give that back!” I yelled at her. I was not going to lose it a second time. I tried to snatch it from her, but she jerked her hand back.

“This is wasted on you,” she sneered and turned to face the cafeteria.

“Listen up people!” she yelled and everyone became quiet. “I just wanted to let you know about something interesting that happened recently. Ashton and I broke up.”

Noise broke out in the cafeteria at her announcement. Some were confused as to why they broke up and some were hopeful because now they had a chance to be with Nicole or Ashton.

“Shut up!” she shouted. “You can thank Elizabeth right here,” she said, pointing to me.

Hundreds of pairs of eyes turned to me in confusion.