Chapter 84

Chapter 84 is dedicated to TEEKAY814

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Callie's POV

I stirred my drink as I waited patiently for Demetri to come. I focused on the clock in front of me to keep from breaking down in tears. Maybe this was for the best. But then why did it hurt this much? We just started dating, but I had a soft spot for him ever since that day.

I wanted to believe in him. He was like me. His family was gone, except for his brother, and he was far away.

I watched as the time ticked by slowly. I still wanted us to be friends despite what I was about to do. I didn’t want to break his heart. I didn’t want this to hurt him because I knew how that felt. But Mel and Liz had a point. I sighed, wondering when he would show up.

“Sorry I’m late.”

I looked up to see Demetri with a light smile on his face. My heart fluttered a little and I had to remind myself to calm down.

“It’s fine. I wasn’t here that long.”

“Okay.”

He picked up the menu. “Since we couldn’t get lunch yesterday, I’ll buy you dinner.”

“You don’t have to do that,” I sighed. “There’s something I have to tell you.”

“Oh yeah, is it about yesterday?”

“Yeah, but that’s not all.”

“Look, it was a misunderstanding. I’m sorry, it won’t happen again.”

I stared at him, but he just went back to the menu.

“That’s all?”

“Hmm?”

“That’s all you have to say about what happened?”

“I made a mistake,” he said after a moment. “I shouldn’t have done that. It was dumb.”

“Yes, it was. I’ve had a rough couple of days. I wanted you to be there for me and I found you kissing someone else.”

“Yeah…”

I waited for him to ask me about what had happened in the past few days, but he didn’t. My heart sank even further and I just wanted to curl up and cry. But not now, there’d be time for that later.

“You know I like you, don’t you?”

He nodded.

“You were my hero and now you’re my boyfriend,” I smiled sadly. “And I love that. It made me happy, but maybe we weren’t ready to start dating yet.”

“What are you saying, Callie?”

“I think we should break up.”

He leaned back to look at me and I averted my gaze and stared at the table. I couldn’t look at him after saying those words. If he looked hurt, then my heart would surely shatter into a million pieces.

“No you don’t.”

I glanced up and he folded his arms.

“What? Yes, I do. That’s how I feel. I want us to still be friends though. Maybe we can try this again in the future,” I mumbled the last part.

“Do you really want this?” he asked, leaning closer to me. “Or is this what you think you want?”

“I… I don’t know. I want to be happy.”

“I can make you happy,” he said, cupping my face in his hands. I stared into his dark eyes. They were black and endless.

“I know you can, Dem, but maybe some time apart wouldn’t be a bad idea.”

He smiled. “Did your friends tell you to say that? Because I’m not buying it.”

I sighed. “Look, I’m telling you how I feel. You were kissing someone else, and that was no ordinary kiss. Was it even the first time?”

He exhaled slowly. “Callie, you’re the only one that matters to me. There’s no-one else.”

“I don’t know if I can believe that,” I said, glancing down at my hands.

“I’m telling you that there’s only you. For the past three years, it’s only been you. You know that.”

I searched his eyes and they softened as he nodded.

“Callie, I love you.”

Those three words completely took my breath away. Love? He loved me? I couldn’t stop the flow of tears as the words resonated in my heart.

Was he being serious? Demetri didn’t believe in love. He'd made that clear before we started dating. But here he was, saying the words I wanted to hear the most. I knew it! He could change after all.

“D- Do you really mean that?” I asked, hopeful, anxious.

“Yeah. I love you. I won’t leave you like everyone else. Forget about them,” he said, brushing his hand through the air. “We need each other. I can show you how much you mean to me.”

“You will?” I asked, not daring to breathe.

“Yes.”

He pulled me into a passionate kiss and for that moment, I could forget about everything. I could let all the negative thoughts melt away. The failed audition, my parents… him. I felt lost at sea when I was with Demetri.

He pulled back after an intense minute and I blushed, thankful that our booth was away from the others.

“Do you still want to break up with me?”

“No,” I breathed. “But do you have to go back there? Just quit. If it’s money you need, I can give it to you.”

He smiled. “Thanks, but I don’t want to mooch off you, Callie. I don’t mind working.”

“But she’ll be there,” I frowned.

“Don’t worry about her. There’s only you,” he said, pulling me into another kiss.

I felt him smile against me and I smiled too. We could make this work after all.
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

Demetri dropped the L-bomb... And it worked! Their ship might not be so broken after all!

How do you feel about them?

Is Callie forgiving him too easily? Can they really make it work? Can Demetri be trusted?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!