That one lunch break || SOOKAI

fluff

TXT's Soobin & Kai

plot - Soobin and Kai are going to the same high school - Soobin being in the final senior year and Kai in the Sophomore one - and despite the fact that Soobin is the high school president, who is supposed to set an example for others, he can't help, but innocently tease Kai on every possible occasion and remind him on daily day basis how illegally adorable he is with the hopes, that his big fat crush on the sophomore would soon miraculously become something more.

One lunch break on the school's roof helps him.

Soobin wasn't even sure when exactly he developed the stupidly desperate crush on the now sophomore student with a contagious laugh, but he knew that he wasn't going to be able to get rid of it any time soon, no matter how hard he would try

It could possibly be ever since the very first moment they met when Hueningkai transferred to their high school in the middle of his Freshman year, all the way from Hawaii, to the burning excitement of everyone, who expected a hot surfer guy with long blonde hair and tanned skin to walk through the front entrance.

Many of them were a bit disappointed after being met with quite a normal, back then still socially-awkward, fifteen-year-old boy with brown hair and in comparison with others, unusual facial features. Soobin's friends titled him as another timid high school sweetheart, which wasn't worthy of special attention as there were at least dozens of cute-looking Freshmen in that year, but Soobin himself couldn't stop thinking about the boy, who maladroitly introduced himself as Hueningkai, ever since that day.

He found himself observing the boy's actions or just straight-forwardly staring at his face during breaks between classes, lunch breaks, or the times they were passing by his classroom, almost every day. For the first few weeks, he was looking out if Kai had made some friends and was coping well with school, worrying over the possible scenario that no one would be willing to be the new boy's friend and that the change from Hawaii to here would be too much for the young teenager - to his relief, not even day after he transferred, he already had a decent number of classmates keeping him company on every step and helping him out.

On many of these occasions, he was teased about it by his friends, who noticed that he once again wasn't paying any attention to them and instead become fully focused on studying the Freshman's gorgeously adorable face, which had to be carved into his memory already at that point. A few times he got scolded by the teachers during classes when he let his mind drift away into the thoughts and memories featuring the boy, and therefore, was completely lost in the topic they were discussing.

And then, several times, during Kai's first year in the new high school, the young boy caught the bunny-like Junior red-handed, after feeling the weird sensation you always get when someone is intensely watching you from behind, gazing at him during lunch breaks instead of eating his lunch.