Discord

Hey guys I've been getting a lot of comments about it, but this is not a continuation of 'Heatwaves,' just inspired by it. Thanks for reading!!

"One and a half inches.... Dreammm" George giggled as he continued to scroll through Amazon.

"WHAT" Dream and Sapnap said in unison. Sap burst out into laughter. George was still giggling as he took a sip of water.

"That's kinda sus George." Sapnap stated. George had noticed Dream hadn't wheezed and was remaining oddly quiet.

"Yeah well so is you and Dream living together." George retorted. Sap giggled.

"Hey! What do you mean dude you always gotta cuddle with the homies." He said. Dream let out an embarrassed wheeze. Oh so he laughs at HIS jokes, George thought, maybe I took it too far.

"No no no that's never happened!" Dream panicked, knowing the shippers and stans in his chat were going crazy.

"Yet." Sap said bluntly with a hint of slyness in his voice.

"Shut up, go call Karl or something." Dream replied.

George laughed and switched his screen from Amazon over to his Discord chats.

"Alright guys," Sapnap said, "It's getting kinda late and I have a phone call to make apparently."

Dream laughed, "Tell Karl to keep it PG. The walls are thin."

"You're such an idiot." Sap replied. Shortly after the sound of Sapnap leaving the call radiated through George's headphones, leaving him and Dream alone.

"Ok stream," Dream started "Thanks for donos. Thank you Meg for the 5 gifted oh my god! You guys are insane. Love you chat. Let's see who should I raid?" Dream paused, "I'll send you guys over to Tommy, go make fun of him." He laughed, "Bye chat!"

Dream ended his stream and George suddenly got flustered. Things had been different with Dream lately. He had stopped making his stupid jokes about George and stopped wheezing when George returned his energy. Not only that, but since Dream had been quieter, George had been overcompensating, taking every opportunity to mindlessly flirt with his best friend.

Dream had also stopped late night TeamSpeak conversations and phone calls. George found himself actually fixing his messed up sleep schedule due to the lack of late night to early morning calls with Dream. He missed his raspy tired voice and soft spoken words that caused the butterflies in his stomach to flutter and his breath to hitch.

"George I'm getting pretty tired," Dream yawned.

"Ok goodnight Dream." George said bluntly, sounding disappointed. His mouse hovered over the leave call button.

"George wait."

George's breath left his lungs, "Yes Clay?" he said, knowing that calling Dream by his real name used to fluster him.

Dream stayed silent for a beat, "I think you should book a flight."

"Wait what?" George breathed, his thick accent coating his sleepy words

"To Orlando. You heard me," Dream whispered, "Sapnap and I have been getting pretty bored and I know you've been thinking about it."

George thought for a minute and blushed. Admittedly, he had been thinking about it. In fact he hadn't stopped thinking about it since Dream announced they were renting a place together.

"Look George, lockdown in Brighton ends next Tuesday. Come to Orlando Georgie." Dream said softly.

There it was, Dream's raspy voice never failing to send tingles down George's spine. He shivered, smiling at the pet name. His smile soon turned into a bittersweet frown when he realized it didn't mean anything. He and Dream were just friends. A motto he repeated to himself everyday for the 8 years they'd know each other.

George panicked. He had been silent for almost two minutes. He clicked around on his keyboard for a few seconds. Pale fingers pushing down on the black keys.

"George?"

"Booked" George stared at the black letters on his illuminated screen, 'Flight 1156 to Orlando,' "I'll see you soon Clay." George said, his smile audible in his words.

"Goodnight GeorgeNotFound." Dream left the call.

George leaned back in his leather gaming chair. His spine let out a series of cracks as his arms extended and stretched over his head. His muscles were stiff from sitting in the same position throughout Dream's stream.

He slowly stood up from his pc setup and stretched out his legs. His phone read 1:24 am. He made his way over to his closet seeing an array of colorless clothing with a few blue items hanging up. He quickly pulled off his black jeans a slipped a pair of grey sweats over his boxers. George stepped out of his room and walked down his hall, illuminated by LED lights which shone in a teal color. The wood floor was cold on his bare feet, as he made his way to the kitchen.

George's house was fairly large for someone who lived alone. His kitchen had marble countertops and an island in the middle. A table with four chairs sat on the far side of the room next to the window which now created patches of moonlight shining on the wood. George rarely put the table to use as he usually ate his meals in his room talking on discord with Dream, Sap and Bad. Mostly Dream.

George walked over to his fridge and pulled at the doors. He replayed the conversation he had with Dream moments ago. His soft voice, his American accent, the way he called him Georgie. Stop! He's your friend. Your best friend. That was kinda gay George. He told himself with a chuckle.

Grabbing a pint of Ben & Jerry's and a spoon he went back to his room. The LEDs blinded his vision after being in the dark kitchen with only the moon shining through his windows and the light of the fridge. His eyes adjusted as he sat on his bed and clicked the TV remote to on. Twitch came on the screen and George hovered over one of Dream's old chill streams. The video started playing.

As Dream responded to donations and wished people happy birthday, George spooned ice cream into his mouth. He shivered at the cold sensation but continued to jam his spoon back into the container.

After a while George set the half eaten pint on his nightstand, Dream's stream still softly playing on the TV. He flipped over his phone to check the time. 2:47 am. George settled in under his duvet. He gently closed his tired eyes slowly easing into sleep with the sound of Dream's voice softly playing in the background.

Super super gay Georgie...

A/N: AHHHHH Ty guys so much for reading the first chapter!!! I have so much more planned for this story so I hope you decide to continue reading. This is also my first time writing a story here, but I've read so many so I decided to give it a try. (Also I'm not using gay as a slur or in an offensive way, George in this story is literally *homosexual*. I am part of the LGBTQ+ community myself so I hope I don't offend anyone. I'll read comments for spelling/grammar errors so lmk if anyone wants me to change it) Thank you sm again!(Word count: 1045)