[ special chapter ]

March 9

Today was just a normal day for Soojin. Yes, it was her birthday, but she never found the need to celebrate it.

After all, she would be turning a "wise" age of 500 year's old.

To any other ethereal, reaching another hundred years would be a milestone age, but in her mind, it would just be another hundred years of being alive again.

"Another year of just pain." She grumbled in her bed as she checked the day on her phone. Soojin stood up and walked over to the bathroom to freshen up. She took a glance at the mirror and admired herself for not aging and looking like an ancient artefact.

She walked downstairs and enjoyed the silence as Minnie went out for a job. It was just her and the empty house on her day off. With her mind at peace, she treated herself with a good, satisfying meal and ate outside on the balcony. As she opened the large white curtains, a large portion of sunlight filled the living room. For the first time in awhile, it was actually a beautiful day. It wasn't often that it was sunny on her day of birth.

"Well, this might not be so bad." She smiled to herself as she took a sip of coffee from her mug.

"Gosh, I've known her for hundreds of years and I have no fucking clue what to get her."

"Well, don't ask me. I've only known her for not even two months."

Minnie wasn't actually on a job. She used that as an excuse to go shopping for Soojin's birthday gift. They planned to have a small party to make the said etheria happy.

Shuhua and Minnie were at the mall, browsing for things that Soojin may like. Though, it was hard to think of something since she was a very down to earth woman.

"She likes clothes... maybe I can buy her that?" Minnie asked herself, "no, we have different tastes in fashion."

"It should be a gift that is meaningful." Shuhua suggested, "like maybe a matching accessory?"

"Hmm, that's a great idea don't get me wrong. But she really isn't into that sort of thing. Maybe I should just stick to my first idea and buy her a sweater or something." Minnie told her and walked off into a fancy clothing store leaving Shuhua behind.

Shuhua was in a dilemma. She hasn't known Soojin for very long, but she tried to soak in every detail about her. She tried to remember past conversations with the woman, trying to find out any interest that she was into.

flashback...

"Wow, would you look at that." Shuhua awed as she looked at the winter sunset from her apartment.

"Hold on a minute, I'll be right back." Soojin said as she left the dining table. She walked into their shared room and Shuhua saw her come out with an old camera that looked pretty worn down.

The ethereal walked out to the balcony and raised the camera to her face. She looked like she was struggling to get the picture, probably because it was so ancient.

Once Soojin returned to the table, her face looked super satisfied and calm.

"What was that for? It seems to me that you like photography." Shuhua said which caused the latter to smile.