[ X ] the boss

After the events and exchange of emotions between Shuhua and Soojin, the ethereal was finally able to make her smile. Still a little sad, but it was evident that the latter was feeling a little bit better.

They walked out the room we were in and was greeted by Soyeon who gestured them to talk with her. The two glanced at each other and which the young girl just shrugged and went to the table. They sat down on the two emerald green chairs in front of the higher up and waited patiently as she had typed something on her computer.

"I assume you know the truth?"

They both looked at her and realized that she was referring to Shuhua. Soojin looked over to her and saw that she was nervous to talk with a high class ethereal. Many thoughts seemed to run in her mind, which Soojin understood knowing how intimidating the woman can be.

"I do— well some of it." Shuhua spoke.

"I suppose that I should introduce myself first before we get serious. I am Jeon Soyeon." The higher up said.

The latter was a little shocked about the name. She's heard it before but she can't remember where. However, she didn't want to be rude to the woman.

"Yeh Shuhua and i-it's an honour to meet you ma'am." She bowed politely.

"Please, just Soyeon." The latter requested which resulted a nod from the younger girl.

"Now that we know each other, let's get down to business." Soyeon told the her.

The Taiwanese sat back down and listened to what the woman had to say. Soojin was just checking out her nails and occasionally brushing her hair out of her face, waiting for the 'conference' to begin.

"Since you know that you have a demon inside you, you must be informed of the precautions," The higher up began, "First, you will become a target to the enemy and potentially other gatekeepers."

"Gatekeepers?" Shuhua asked.

Soyeon looked at Soojin, sending her the signal to briefly answer the question. The ethereal just sighed and went along with it.

"The gatekeepers are the ones who decide who go to heaven— the afterlife, or hell. The building we're in right now is one if many gates." Soojin explained, "We're basically grim reapers."

Shuhua's mouth formed an 'o' and let Soyeon continue.

"As I was saying, the power inside you will be constantly growing, causing you to become a target to some strong enemies. Are you willing to accept your life to be surrounded by danger?" Soyeon continued.

"Y-yes." The younger girl nodded.

"Good, now then, let's move on." The woman cleared her throat, "Second, you'll be watched by Soojin at all times. She has been contracted to protect you."

Soojin let out a sigh and massaged her temples, remembering how she devoted her life to this girl. Shuhua just glanced at her and blushed at the thought of the etheria (female ethereal) watching over her.

"Although Soojin is protecting you, in any circumstances where your demon comes out and consumes you, she will be the one to... end you." Soyeon finished, looking at the latter to see if she was okay.

"I don't mean to scare you, but I just wanted to know if you were-"

"I-It's fine, I wouldn't want it any other way." Shuhua half smiled, of course it was a painful smile, but she was telling the truth.

Soojin eyes widened. For everyone that she's killed, she never heard someone say they want to die. They always begged for their lives to be spared. But Shuhua, she was different than the others.