[ XI ] settled in

The four girls arrived at a local restaurant not far from the office. It was the place where Soyeon, Minnie and Soojin go to eat. However, it wasn't just a normal restaurant, it was a restaurant run by an angel corps. The guardian angels knew the three women and always welcomed them as they were their partners in the Gatekeeper business.

As they got in, they were greeted by a beautiful Japanese woman at the front.

"Table for four, please." Soyeon requested and the woman brought them to their table. They sat down and the woman gave them a menu before walking off to get them some tea.

"So Shuhua, you look pretty curious about everything." Minnie spoke.

"Oh really? Maybe it's because I found out there's more, you know... beings in the world?" Shuhua looked around whispering cautiously, "not to mention how we almost burned to death earlier."

"There's no need to whisper. This isn't just some normal restaurant, it's ran by angels." Soyeon assured. Shuhua tilted her head in confusion.

"Angels, huh?" The young girl had her eyes fixed on the girls walking around with uniforms on, "so, what exactly do they do?"

"Angels make sure humanity makes the right decisions and live happily. However, they also bring the souls of those who had a peaceful death and lived with little to no sins." Soojin explained.

"But if that's the case, shouldn't they been lurking around instead of waitressing?" Shuhua asked.

"It looks like they've been split into two groups. It's most likely that half of them are on jobs." Soyeon said.

"Anyways, I'm starving!" Minnie whined.

Just on cue, a girl with pink hair came with a cart full of food. The girl's eyes sparkled as her dish was placed right in front of her.

"Well, would you look at that." Soyeon smiled, "always right on time, aren't you Sakura?"

"Anything for you, Ms. Jeon." The waitress bowed before walking to greet the other customers at the front.

꧁  ꕥ  ꧂

"Shuhua, have you decided where you're going to stay?" Soyeon suddenly asked as she was eating her food.

"What do you mean?" The latter furrowed her eyebrows.

"I see, so she hasn't told you yet." Soyeon muttered while looking at Soojin as she was talking to Minnie.

"Now that you've been healed, we've put an enchantment on you to prevent your... demon from showing." The woman began, "this causes us to keep watch of you at all times. And as you know, I entrusted Soojin to protect you, so she needs to either stay with you or you will live with her for the time being."

"I-I have to stay with S-Soojin?" Shuhua stuttered, making sure she heard that right. Her cheeks were turning a shade of red just at the thought, which scared and excited her at the same time.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the said etheria was coughing after as she heard what Soyeon said.

"What? That wasn't part of the deal." Soojin interjected.

"Soo, I thought you were smart. I told you that we need to watch over her at all times. Which means staying with her as well." Soyeon said, "now figure out where you're staying."

"Stay at Shu's place, I want the whole house to myself." Minnie begged Soojin.

"Please, by the first hour that I'm gone, you're going to call me to cook for you." Soojin remarked.