Chapter 15 - The Lewis Dinner

"You can't chase your dreams when your fears are chasing you" - Bridgett Devoue

"Two chocolate milkshakes and two cheeseburgers for table nine!" My voice resonated across the bustling kitchen of Lewis Dinner. The saucier in a white cap positioned on his sparkling forehead, stirred the creamy substance on the scorching pan. He fondly orchestrated the group of strenuous commis chefs working on their fancy dishes.

"Right away dear!" Henry Lewis wiped his sweaty forehead with the back of his hand, his white chef hat almost fell. His shoulders carried blocks of pressure yet he was delighted because the restaurant was bursting at the seams. A bunch of voices jumbled together causing a bangarang to be heard. Waiters and waitresses were scattered all around the restaurant space. Some serving, some taking orders and others trying to flirt with their clients. I automatically rolled my green irisies.

It's in my blood.

With clammy hands, I checked and kept the cash the waitresses brought me inside the cash till. I also skulked around in a vigil like stance to see if the clients were satisfied. Being busy made me proud as there was no room for unnecessary thinking but it was tiring as hell.

A blonde hair girl entered the dinner with a pile of papers in her hands, her model-like figure instantly caught most client's attention. Her blue dress hugged her curvaceous tanned body, leaving little to imagination. Samantha is a real life barbie. Heck, she even had the perfect catwalk. I envied her.

In a good way, of course.

''Hey Sam, nice to have you here, let me guess... Hmm, a chicken salad and spinach juice?" I foretold. Cliché I know, but Sam was one to stick to diets and workouts. Something I could never do even if my life depended on it.

"Haha, the usual Ky, but I didn't come here to have a meal just yet," She sent me her one million dollar smile, I raised an eyebrow glancing at the pile of papers she held.

"I came here to ask if I can stick these fliers around the dinner," She hesitantly posed handing me a piece of paper. The heading caught my attention, it put my stomach in knots.

'TEENAGERS LUNA MAYERS AND ALICIA WALKER MISSING FOR THREE DAYS'

"Oh, I'm sorry... I can help you if you don't mind," I offered. She nodded her head and reported, "They are my friends and were last seen at the club just down the street. A number is written just across the flier in case you get any news about them," Her expressions contorted into one of worry. There was an ominous hint of desperation in her voice.

"There has been a significant number of missing people in the nearby towns too... mostly girls," she added, her voice wavered as she glanced at both sides. I had previously heard rumours about kidnappings in nearby towns but I shrugged it off since nothing was being confirmed by the town's sheriff. AKA, Evelyn's mother.

"You will find them, it's going to be fine," I assured hoping for the best.

After sticking the fliers around Lewis Dinner, I checked the clock to see that my shift was done. I sighed in relief, my legs begged for a rest.

The sun had set and darkness filled the night unchaining waves of soft, cold breeze. Since nature was calling I decided to head to the bathroom. As I washed my hands I felt something vibrating on my pocket.

"Hello," I answered my phone.

"Help me!" The girl I call a best friend squealed.

"What's happening?" I question while drying my hands with a paper towel.