Rory smiled, looking at the road. "Simon, eh?" Rory said suggestively.

Bella's face contorted into a look of disgust, "No, ew. Why would you even say that?"

Rory rolled her eyes, "You two remade for each other, just saying."

"I cannot believe you just said that," Bella just shoved her face into her hands.

"Bella, the whole town has been saying that since we were kids. I would have thought that by now you would have realized that you've been in love with him this whole time."

Bella cringed, "I have not been in love with him. Please stop talking."

Rory laughed, "Bella! I'm serious! You two are soulmates."

Bella put her face into her hands once again to hide the blush that covered her face and shook her head violently, "Please, shut up and let's talk about something else."

Rory sighed, "Alright fine, but this is not the last time we are having this conversation."

--

Bella and Rory sat next to each other, Bella was barely paying attention to the boring conversation that they people were making, letting Rory handle it all.

Until her grandfather got up and went to the kitchen for an unusually long amount of time which got both Emily and Bella slightly worried.

"Grandpa's been in there for a while," Bella pointed out to Emily.

Emily looked at Bella and furrowed her eyebrows, "You're right... Richard?" Emily called out but had no response. "Oh for goodness sake, Richard?"

Emily got up and went to the kitchen.

The rest of the group sat in silence until they heard an "Oh my god."

That's how Rory and Bella ended up at the hospital waiting for their mother to show up in tears.

Bella wanted to call Simon, but she knew that he was on a date with Lindsay tonight and she didn't want to interrupt him with her problems again.

So Bella sat with her sister, both of them freaking out when Bella got a call, thinking it was her mother, she picked up immediately.

"Hello?"

"Bella?" 

"Tristan?" Bella asked through her tears, voice wavering even though she was in shock that she actually answered a call from her ex-boyfriend.

"What's wrong?" 

Bella didn't even care that it was him calling, she was just glad that someone did call.

"M-my grandpa is in the h-hospital."

"Which hospital?"

"I-I don't know. The one c-closest to their house."

"I'm on my way," Tristan told her and then the line went dead.

"Wait!" Bella tried to stop him but he had already hung up, she didn't want him to show up.

Well she did deep down.

"Well why can't I see him?" Bella heard her grandmother ask.

Bella turned to Rory, the crying had nearly stopped now. "Do you think that mom's going to be here soon?"

"Soon, I hope," Rory told Bella before getting up to go to their grandmother, now that the nurse had disappeared behind the doors.

Bella didn't follow, she didn't want to know anything. She didn't want to know if her grandfather was in bad shape, especially since she had just started getting to know him.