Chapter 5: I think I've caught the flu

Tonight was the night I had to have dinner with the bad boy and his family. So for my individual plan is to knock him off his feet with my amazing good looks. After school and the meeting, I went into my closet. I found the perfect outfit a simple, frilly, knee length, black dress. It had neon paint splatters and I wore my black tights. I found my neon purple shawl and my neon green head band. If you couldn't tell I love neon, it's different and I've found my true match. I curled my hair like a movie star, added a bit of eyeliner and mascara, pink lip gloss, and my leather boots I also found my neon pink fingerless gloves. I twirled in the mirror, I winked at myself.

"Girl you look hot," I said to myself.

"Kat they're here, and dinners ready." I took a deep breath, I did my yoga bow.

"It's show time," I said quietly. I walked down stairs into the kitchen, my mom had on a simple red dress and black flats. The Johnson's looked like Ethan his looks everything, except for a little girl. She didn't look like a Greek goddess, she looked like a fellow nerd. I knew I had to talk to her, I honestly did a double take when I saw Ethan. Holy mother of Pickles, he looks hot. He was wearing a black t-shirt that was tight enough to see his muscles, a leather jacket, black jeans, and his hair was picture perfect. I noticed his gaze went all over my body, I cleared my throat.

"Eyes up here," I saw the little girl arch her eye brow, her blue eyes sparkled with curiosity. Her brown hair fell down her back. I winked at her, she was about twelve. She smiled back, I extended a hand to her.

"Hey I'm Katherine, but you can call me Kat." She shook my hand.

"I'm Penelope, the smart one out of this family. And I must say you are the first girl that isn't begging for my brother." I smiled, and leaned to whisper in her ear.

"You know what I'm gonna need your help with something big," I could feel her smile. "After dinner meet me in my room, I have a feeling you like revenge." I know knew she was smiling evily.

"You have no idea," we did the nerd handshake. Yes nerds have a handshake, let it go people. I introduced myself to their parents.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Katherine, I'm Maria. This is my husband Hank," she looked at all my neon clothes. "I see you like neon, I personally strongly dislike bold colors." Hold on is she saying she hates neon? Oh no she didn't. I smiled only because my mom knew how strongly I feel about neon.

"Well let's eat before the food gets cold," my mom said trying to change my mood or prevent me from hurting an adult, plus I'm already on probation. Don't ask, everyone sat down before I could move and the only seat not taken was beside Ethan. I shuddered and took a seat next to him, he grinned. I kicked him and he winced in pain, I picked up my wine glass that had grape soda in it and drank it with a smile on my face. He glared at me I turned to him batting my eyelashes.

"What?" I said innocently.

"Just admit that I'm gorgeous, sweetness and maybe I'll forgive you," a cocky smile on his face. My eye twitched, I set down my wine glass and I turned to my mom.

"Mother may me and Ethan be excused, I just need to ask him a few questions about school." One thing my mom knows is that I never call her 'mother' I always call her mom, So she knew I was up to something.

"Of course it's fine with me, but it's really the Johnson's okay," my mom looked at them.

"It's fine with us, but you have to be down for dinner." I nodded and grabbed his shirt collar and dragged him out of his seat, Penelope looked concerned and I gave her a nod she understood immediately. I pulled him up to my room, and slammed the door.

"What the hell do you think you're doing Romeo?" He looked amused and walked towards me. I glared at him.

"Well you didn't deny it, and you brought me all the way up here, also you called me Romeo." I wanted to choke him to death, yes I didn't deny it, yes I brought him up here, but I really wanted to talk about the whole dog issue.

"I brought you up here to talk about the 'dog issue'," he smiled evily. And took he step towards me, I stepped back. "And I'm going to kick your ass...right...about....NOW!!!" I lounged at him and started pulling his hair,  I gave a frustrated yell. I then punched him square in the jaw, I learned all my fighting skills from Tony and Marshall. So when I let go and he recovered from my awesome punch, his eyes flashed with anger.

"Oh so know the true bad boy comes out, well I hope your ready to get beat up by a girl." I was mocking him, he came at me and since my footing was not great, I was pinned to the ground. A smirk played on his lips, and evil burned in his eyes.

"Aww Kat got your tongue, or do I have it," I looked at him like really-Kat got your tongue-so predictable. Then I started to hyperventilate because of what he said after that. I struggled to get out of his grip, but failed. I saw a devilish smile on his face, I was able to knee him in the gut which he fell to the ground, I got up fast but not fast enough. He grabbed my ankle and I fell, I tried to pry his fingers from my ankle. I growled and I felt my Ares side overflowing me like a wave of power, with my other leg I kicked him in the face. He let go and I gave him a strong uppercut, he flew up in the air and on the ground. I don't know why but I felt bad for him, I let out an awkward cough and my gut felt sick. I think I've caught the flu or something. He had a little bit of blood, and he looked impressed at me, he slowly got up but he staggered and I raced over to catch him. He looked at me confused then he looked pissed, he jerked away from me. Ouch that hurt a lot, Wait what? I am already feeling signs of the flu I feel bad for the bad boy, yup I'm sick.

"First you kick me. Second, you kick my ass which I'm quite impressed. Third, after you kick my ass you wanna help me, are you bipolar?" I looked at my feet.

"No I'm not and the only reason I kicked your ass is because you deserved it," what am I doing? I'm apologizing to the bastered that stole my pickles, through a party at three a.m., and called me a dog. Wow I really am sick.

"Just get out, while you're at it tell my mom I don't feel well and also I'm not hungry," I opened the door he went out and I slammed it. I flopped down on my bed. "I hate having the flu," I said quietly.