Interlude 2

"So, this is how it's become? This is how I've become? A walking contradiction? I'm surrounded by people and feel alone. I claim to crave a bit of normalcy but now that I have some, it's like I don't know what to do with it, I don't know how to be a normal person anymore."

Gayle Forman, Where She Went

***

What a nice scenery. The nice afternoon breeze, the calm atmosphere and the slowly but surely descending sun. From where I can from, it was all white. White walls, white ceiling, white floor. There was no other color except the hair and eye color of those around me that time. But that has decreased as well.

Although I don't hate that place, in fact I am grateful. That place made me who I am. That man made me who I am right now. But after experiencing my few few months in this school, I realized something:

Freedom is truly rewarding, isn't it?

?: It's nice, isn't it? The beautiful scenery you would always get on a rooftop.

I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around and saw that Hiroshi was there.

Hiroshi: I was looking for you everywhere. Now I am very tired. *deep sighs*

Isn't it easier because you have your ability to create portals?

Hiroshi: That's so but if I use my abilities too much, I am going to be tired. I am not like those other OCs where they can use their abilities as much as they want.

I don't really get what he was saying, but after he said that, I now know their abilities are not unlimited, it can tire their bodies out. Even if they have that ability, they are still human and such they have their own limits as well.

Aren't you supposed to be with the others? I remember that they will be watching the next episode.

Hiroshi: Yeah but that episode is not important. It is a fanservice episode anyways.

Fanservice?

Hiroshi: You know, beach episodes, or in this case, pool episodes. They usually have girls in swimsuits. These kinds of episodes are usually for fanservices.

Girls in swimsuits huh... Interesting...

Hiroshi: Hornykouji, you're leaking out a little bit.

Hornykouji? What's that nickname supposed to mean?

Hiroshi: I'm sure you will understand, especially since you have a one of a kind T-rex with you.

T-rex? What is that?

Hiroshi: You know what, nevermind. You could be dense sometimes, Ayanokoji.

Hiroshi started laughing. I don't know why he is laughing though. But then seeing him laugh, made me think: What does it feel to laugh like that?

After laughing, he went besides me. He then put out a book, started to read, resting his arm on the rails.

So what are you doing here, Hiroshi?

Hiroshi: Honestly, I supposed to talk to you but I don't really know what to talk to you about. So instead, I will just join you here, so I can continue reading my book.