Please Tend to the Dirt -1-

• مهداة إلى Josie Ankh

                I tried to find words that could describe my feelings of depression, but none could match them perfectly. I must have been tired from the countless hours I spent crying for that woman. Or maybe it was the energy I wasted repeatedly pounding my fists against my room's walls. I was born cursed, loathing my father for it, and everyone tried to ignore it, shielding me from the truth... Another bright flash roared across the sky, giving me a shiver as I was reminded of the blood curdling scream created by that monster. My puffy eyes burned when I tried to close them, forcing myself to stare blankly at my wall, while I curled myself tightly into a ball for security.

                A few days before my discovery, I was a harmless child growing freely in a poor and sleepy town named Yu. I was known as the daughter of the Hangyaku group, Rei Fujioka, born from the pure-bloods as a Hybrid, a mutt. My Father, Katsuro, didn’t have time to raise a child like myself, so he gave that chore to a fragile human, named Gretta. Gretta was one of those ladies you could truly call a mother, a strong and loving figure. Of course that night something seemed off when I snuck a peek into my father’s office. The trauma is still fresh when I think about my beloved Gretta’s head hanging from what little flesh was left of her neck, while these monsters, whom I thought were my family, feasting on her like starving animals. The crunching sounds of bones, with the slurping sounds of blood being sucked up like soup, would forever be imprinted into my memory. Tears built up in my eyes, from so many emotions traveling at once, but when the thick metallic smell of blood hit my nose, something became very apparent to me. Without a doubt, as I ran back into my room to take all my angered emotions out at anything I could, that delicious smell, made me realise I was a monster myself.

                                                                                           ...

                I forgot how many days I locked myself in my room, hating myself and my father for being the way we were. Thankfully, I wasn’t true monster like my father; instead, I was only a hybrid. Thankfully, my mother was a human when she gave birth to me, so I'm still alive. Being a hybrid means I didn’t need blood to sustain me, though human blood did give me a lot of energy. It also meant that my bites weren’t venomous, like regular vampires, so when I bit someone, they wouldn’t have any chance of becoming a vampire. But I got some satisfaction, when I looked out of the window every day, and watched people like me being hunted down in the streets. Today, I couldn’t help watching again, with dulled and emotionless eyes, the different families and children being forced into submission before meeting their end. Till there was a soft and hesitant knock that rang throughout the room.

      “What?” I spat out with a grunt quickly afterwards. I knew who it was, another Nanny my father hired, how many has it been since Gretta?

      “I-I’m sorry, Madame!” in a stuttering mess the thin, pale women moved into my room, having a look of worry upon her face, She must have noticed that I was irritated from the beginning, what a sorry fool... “You have a visitor!”

                And with that small sentence I met up with that cocky little boy, Fukistsu. His dark red hair match perfectly to what he craved so much. Some would think a childhood friend would grow into a beautiful relationship, but my life isn’t like that. Years later, my father’s organization grew enormously, from all the lost demons and monster we could rally up. Hangyaku now had a clear goal, to take down Yu’s new system. Being the blood daughter of the leader, I was placed under rigorous training, trying to make me the best of the best, during my training I was learning bits and pieces of what was really happening in Yu. There was an election for a new mayor in our town, but the election winner was unfortunately a demon hater. He passed a law that all demons, monsters, even hybrids would no longer have rights to anything, and slowly he had been killing them off. Yu’s population was mostly made up of ‘non-humans’ and we needed to fight against this law.

           I must have been 15 years old when the first attacked was launched, it would be an overstatement to say the mission only failed. Many members from the Hangyaku perished, that including the monster of a Father. Out of the people who got into that mansion only one got out alive, but in a poor state. The Mayor wanted him to be the message to all demons that rebelled, with his tongue cut out and his hands removed, were only the small things that were done to him. Without any proper treatment, he bled out shortly after returning to my house.

                Strangely, instead of freedom I felt weakness when I heard the news of my father. Normally a troubled child under his influence would have loathed him to till the day he died, but I on the other hand was still loathing him. So, why am I not happy that he is dead? Then after a few short minutes of thinking this mind-blowing idea, I came to a sudden conclusion. Was I upset because I wasn't the one that killed him? With each day of my training, my anger was not going towards that father of mine, but towards the ones who killed him first.

                A year has past since my father died, and news had swarm the city that the mayor and his wife had passed away; leaving their adopted son, Norio, in charge. Of course Hangyaku did not get hope for possitive changes, unlike the rest of Yu; we knew that he was raised to be just like the past mayor. Some people felt relief from having those 'murderers' to have died, but I only felt more rage. Could life be punishing me in someway? This rage and anger fuel me every single day, I soon forgot how it felt to feel happy, comfortable, free. a whole year of continuous wrath, went by in almost a quick flash.

                Now there wasn't anything that should stand in my way, Norio had to be taken down, but this was not for my people, nor for those who have fallen to his views, but for me and me alone. 

                                                                                  -1- End -1-.