Chapter 9: One Down, Four to Go.

Monday, October 25th, 2021. London, England. 3:26 pm (4 years, 3 months, and 5 days since we ran away)

Lovino said nothing as he stood up, still keeping eye contact with his youngest brother. They stood there for a few minutes before they were interrupted by a thick accent. "Oi Seb, there you are! I found this cute bag- Hey, what's wrong!?" The boy, obviously Australian, said as he made his way over to his friend. Sebastian said nothing and continued to stare at Lovino like he just killed someone. Lovino took a deep breath and finally spoke. "...Hey, Sebby." That was the breaking point for his brother, as he dropped onto his knees and started to sob violently. His friend gasped and ran off, returning a minute later with two other boys. One with spiky brown hair immediately went to Sebastian's side and pulled him into a hug. The other two hung back, unsure what to do. The boy with brown hair glared at him. "What the FUCK did you say to my boyfriend, you asshole?! I'll beat you into a bloody pulp-" "Jay, stop! He didn't do anything." Ah, Lovino remembered this guy. This was Jason Jones, Sebastian's best friend-well, boyfriend now, and Alfred's biological cousin. Jason looked back down at Sebastian, confused. "What do you mean? Why are you crying then?" His brother didn't answer and instead looked back at Lovino with a harsh glare that didn't match him at all.

"Four fucking years Lovino."

He winced at the use of his full name. He opened his mouth to respond, but Sebastian spoke first. "NO. You don't get to speak. Four years. FOUR YEARS. Do you have ANY idea how long we looked for you?! Do you know what you put us through?! Feli locked himself in his bedroom for months, only coming out to get food now and then. Nonno buried himself in his work so that he wouldn't have to remember you're gone. And me? I cried myself to sleep, begging God to bring back my fratellone!"

By now, Sebastian was out of breath, but he continued." And where do I find you? Shopping without a care in the world. We thought you were dead!" He was about to go into another rant, Lovino interrupted him. "Did you ever stop to think of why I left? I guess fucking not. After years, you finally found me, and what was the first thing you said to me? 'Do you know what I did to you?' No hug or 'Oh my god, I'm so glad you're okay.' You never cared about me! You only ever cared about each other! I'M JUST A BURDEN TO YOU GUYS, AND YOU JUST PROVED IT." Lovino was now crying as well. He looked at his little brother and saw hurt and sadness in his eyes instead of the previous anger. Lovino shook his head and scowled. He began to pick up his bags and stopped when Sebastian spoke again, much more quietly. "Y-you think you're a burden to us...?" "I don't think, I know." He said and continued to pick up his bags. After all his bags were grabbed, he looked into his brother's eyes. "You never saw me, got it?" He turned to his friends. "You three, I don't know your names, but you better take care of my fratellino, or I will personally rip your dicks off." With that, he pushed past them and out of the store. Sebastian was too shocked to follow.

Peter and Emil collapsed onto the couch pullout, both sighing in relief. They had just gotten back from their trips without being spotted or spotting anyone. The door that was between theirs and Alfred's room opened. Both boys looked over to see Alfred walking in, grinning like an idiot. "Hey, guys! How was the trip?" The duo groaned in response. Alfred laughed. "Haha, well, Lovino went out shopping, so he should be back soon- speak of the devil." The three turned their heads towards the front door, and soon enough, Lovino walked in. Alfred's normal smile immediately dropped as he saw him. "Hey man, what's wrong?" Lovino said nothing, dropping his bags in the doorway and speed walking into the bedroom. Soon, sobs were heard in between the two hotel rooms. Ivan popped his head in. "What is wrong with Lovino?" He asked curiously. The others looked at each other, then back at Ivan before shrugging. The four walked into the bedroom. Lovino was faced down on the bed sobbing to a pillow.