42: Create Those Ultimate Moves

Start from the beginning

"You're the one running away, pussy!"

~•~

"I believe I mentioned this already, but your main focus this summer is obtaining provisional hero licenses." Aizawa said from the front of the classroom. "Do not take this lightly. A hero license means that you're responsible for human lives."

Does killing Thanos count?

Technically he was an alien.

"You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult. Only 50 percent of students pass the tests required for these permits each year." Aizawa said.

"It's that hard to get a provisional license?" Mineta asked with beads of sweat running down his face.

"In order to prepare, today you'll concentrate on creating something new." Right after Aizawa said that the door opened to show Midnight, Cementos, and Ectoplasm. "Two ultimate moves." Aizawa concluded.

"Ultimate moves!?" Kaminari and Kirishima questioned loudly.

"An exam is a normal school thing!" Mina and Kaminari shouted.

"But this is total hero work!" Kirishima and Sero ended the other sentence.

"When we say 'ultimate,' we mean a move that will ensure you win against your opponent." Ectoplasm said.

"An action so unique to your identity that no other person can copy it." Cementos said. "Simply put, you must lean into your strengths."

"Your moves represent who you are. These days most pro heroes have an ultimate move. Those who don't are fools." Midnight said while posing.

"This may sound abstract, but we'll explain more as the day goes on. For now, change into your costumes and meet in Gym Gamma." Aizawa instructed.

~•~

Everyone was in the gym in their hero costumes looking at the empty room. Well everyone in their costumes except Rin. Due to her new found height her costume doesn't exactly fit her at the time being, so she went with the usual PE uniform.

Cementos used his quirk and raised a small scale of rectangular shaped rocks.

"This facility was my idea. We can prepare unique terrains and obstacles. For each student here. Here you will learn to serve up justice." Cementos concluded.

"That's pretty cool." Kaminari commented but Iida quickly raised his hand.

"Please allow me a question. What is the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?" Iida said.

"That's two questions. Calm down." Aizawa said in a bored tone. "The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers. Crime, accidents, and natural or man-made disasters. Of course the licensing exam analyzes how well your able to heal with such things. It won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged. In addition to how well you communicate, cooperate, and lead others. Every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities.

"One thing is especially important." Midnight said and stepped froward. "If you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepared, you don't have to worry. And those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results."

"Your circumstances should not dictate the results of your future battles. Learn to be consistent and you will be a great asset on the front lines." Cementos said with a kind smile.

Are we going off to war?

"You're ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack like Kaibutsu's quick control." Ectoplasm said.