"He's my fiance" Dove watched him expectantly, waiting for him to be disgusted by her for leading him on and returning the kiss but it never came, he just calmly caressed her waist.

"How so my little pet?" She didn't fail to notice how he said 'my' and her heart seemed to like that very much because it flutters in her chest at just imagining being the center of attention from such a man.

"My family sold me to him" Dove answered, it was a mere whisper but he heard it nonetheless.

"B-but, he's very mean and he yells at me and I don't like him" Dove's bottom lip trembles, and her eyes fill with tears from remembering how bad he treats her, he tried to charm her when she was sol to him but Dove simply didn't like him and when he noticed that seducing her wouldn't work he completely changed.

"Shh, shh" He cooed at her, caressing her cheek with the pad of his thumb. His touch was a little rough almost like he hadn't had much practice on how to be gentle.

Darius now knew why she seemed so different as soon as they stepped in and he felt that possessive protective feeling rising inside him. He knew since the moment she decided to pet Kai like he was a puppy she was his, completely and utterly his. She definitely was innocent but there was a sassiness about her, she had a bratty attitude. And he'll love every second of disciplining her.

Once again Dove was thrown over the shoulder of King Darius and he proceeded to exit the small cottage and walk towards where his dragon was. Dove squealed, surprised from being tossed over his shoulder but decided not to protest, curious about where he was headed.

Pulling her down, turned to face him, he wrapped his hand around her neck and directly looked into her eyes.

"You are mine now, little pet" He stated, claiming her completely. He squeezed her neck in a warning and swiftly turned her around, his hand still around her neck but her eyes were now on the enormous dragon and the screaming man beneath its sharp claws. Kai was looking directly at Darius, waiting.

Dove gasped at the sight of the once sweet dragon, who only wanted pets, caging a man beneath him, only squinting to try and discern who that was when she noticed it was Henry, her soon-to-be husband. She stayed still, not knowing how to react.

"This is a soon-to-be little example of what will happen to the next man who ever tries to lay his filly hands on you." He whispered roughly in her ear, pride in his voice.

"I own you"

"Who said I wanted to be owned?" Dove answered back at his claim on her, her sassy tone palpable.

"Who said you had a choice?" Darius asked as a matter of factly.

Dove stayed silent, she felt powerful. Knowing that he was ready to kill for her, for her safety, and instantly believing the horrible treatment she received by Henry made tingles arise all over her body.

"When I ask a question, I expect it to be answered, pet"

"Nobody... Master" She finally answered, remembering what he said at her cottage.

Kai was still expectantly staring at Darius, but his growls were now audible. The dragon was getting impatient. A small nod from Darius gave Kai all the signal he needed to do what he angst for.

In that same moment, Dove was turned around quickly and lips were pressed against her. King Darius kissed her possessively, showing her how he owned every bit of her. Dove kissed him back eagerly, a quiet moan resonated from her throat.

"Let's go home" Darius said as soon as the kiss ended. Walking towards Kai who didn't show any sign of just had devoured a man, Dove squealed as Darius lifted her and placed her on the back of Kai. As soon as he climbed up Kai stood up and Dove giggles at how tall she felt. Everyone in her village had gathered around to gossip. Some looked shocked, a few girls looked jealous and the rest looked scared for her as if King Darius would hurt her.

"Are you going to be a good little pet?" Darius asked as soon as Kai took off, his hand caressing her thigh.

Dove didn't answered and just giggled mischievously and turned her attention towards the forest beneath them, it looked gorgeous from above. The trees were tall and very green, it was so big. It was refreshing feeling so free.

"You'll never feel scared again" She could hear the seriousness in his voice.

"Except from me" Turning to look at him, Darius was smirking at her, the smirk full of promises and Dove a rush of excitement coursed through her. She believed him, and she couldn't wait to see what he had in store.

-———————-

Guysss i'm love with this storyyy like whattt.

I just LOVE dragons and I love Kai so much already🥺💜

I'm sorry if it was a little cringy or something, or if u felt it was weird how complaint she went with him but take in mind he was nice to her, he liked her and she liked him and it's a change from not so nice man she was sold to, so yeah. and also it's a book HAHA be safe babies❤️🤪🤪

What did u think??

Fav part of the chapter??

Did u like it??

How do u like the book so far??

Suggestions??

Anything else can go here 🥰

Don't forget to vote⭐️ and comment 💭 with all my love, certifiedfreak🤍