Prologue

Third person's P.O.V

"PET!" A rough and harsh voice shouted out. 

"Where's my pet?" The king asked no one in particular, looking around the people that were standing in his throne room, some were servants, other guards, and nobles from his court.

A servant girl approached him, her gaze kept on the ground and bowing respectfully.

"Y-your majesty?" She asked, with a soft, scared voice. The king was a formidable man and a ruthless one. One wrong way to address him or a small act that annoyed him even a little could mean severe punishment.

"Do you happen to know where my pet is?" He asked, looking down at her. Depending on her answer was going to be the outcome of his actions.

"Y-yes but she's umm..." She didn't finish the sentence, not knowing how to say it so that he wouldn't lash out but no in fear of his pet, but in fear of her. The king would cut his own hand before he hurt her.

"Yes? Out with it already, don't waste my time" The king urged her, the annoyance was palpable in his voice.

"W-we can't seem to find her, the guards and servants are searching for her but..." She wasn't allowed to finish that sentence because the king let out a growl of annoyance and walked away, leaving her bowing and silenced.

King Darius stepped out of his throne room where he was having an important meeting with his court, some serious matters to be attended to but as always his pet always had his attention since the little thing scurried away without him noticing. She had her cushion, almost like a bed beside his throne, and depending on her mood or the kings she would either sit on his lap in his throne or kneeling beside him but she was a naughty little thing and when she got bored she always managed to leave the room undetected.

She's normally leashed but he always allowed some leniency when he was in a good mood or she deserved it but after this, she was going back on it.

His pet always did this, she hid in the palace, waiting for him to notice, and engaged in a hide and seek game that did not amuse him but he was the only one able to find her. She was a petite little thing that knew exactly how to walk around undetected which is the reason the guards and servants can't find her.

The palace was very very big, it had a lot of spaces where she could hide but she liked a specific wing and that's where the king is headed. His strong steps echoed in the hallway where he was currently looking around for his disobedient pet. His dragon was already sniffing out his mate, trying to pinpoint the exact location.

Soft giggles made his body stop. He'd recognized that sound anywhere, he could hear that giggle forever and never be tired. He stopped his breathing and listened carefully. Then he heard the soft sound of his pet's barefoot feet and swiftly turned around just in time to catch her small frame.

Dove giggles loudly, clearly enjoying herself even though she had been caught. His strong hands were on her waist and he hoisted her upon his hip, now carrying her. As he made his way back to his throne room.

"You found me, daddy" The sound of her soft voice always made his dragon purr and calm down instantly. Dove had wrapped her arms around his neck and was resting her head against his chest.

"I always will" He repeated what he always told her when he caught her.

Entering his throne room again, the king felt his pet wiggling in his arms, which meant she wanted to be let down. Softly placing her on the ground, he watched as dove ran towards her place beside his throne and sat down on her knees, excitedly waiting for him. Sitting on his throne he grabbed her leash which he had a servant search for and fastened it on the collar she already had on. The collar was red and made of the finest fabric, almost like silk but firm, at the front it had a loop for the leash.

Pulling harshly from the leash just as he fastened it, he pulled her towards his face as he leaned down and watched as she gasped softly at his harsh treatment.

"Be a good pet and behave, you already have an appointment with my hand or my cane. Depends on you" He whispered at her, his intense bright yellow eyes staring at her.

"Yes, sir" Dove murmured meekly. He released the leash and grabbed the end of it as he leaned backward on his throne and signaled for his court to go to where they left things off before they were interrupted.

She shuffled closer to him and leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his leg. She always needed to be touching him, the only time she wasn't being clingy was when she was hiding. She smiled as she felt his fingers caressing her head, and playing with her hair. The meeting was boring but her mind was on the punishment she'd received later today.

-------——————————-
Hello🥰🥰 I hope you guys liked it!!

I don't know what possessed over me but out of nowhere i had this idea and it wouldn't leave my head so said, i should write it down and then i had a prologue 🤣🤣

I LOVE dragons, like really love, i always search for book about dragons and i really wanted to write one hehe

What did you think??

Tell me your thoughts 💭

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote ⭐️ and comment 💭, with all my love, certifiedfreak 🤍