CHAPTER 35

Jillian took a deep breath and headed out the door behind the other women. Ruben met Kimberly at the top of the stairs and kissed her. He then bowed gallantly to Jillian.

“You look stunning, your Highness.”

“Thank you, Ruben.”

“Jillian,” Henry said, stepping up to her, wiping at his eyes.

“You look so beautiful.”

“Thanks, dad,” she smiled at him. He took her arm in his and kissed her cheek.

“Are you ready?”

“I think so,” Jillian told him.

Nadine headed down the stairs so she could go sit down outside, and then Ruben walked down the stairs, Kimberly on his arm. Jillian then followed with Henry.

She took a deep breath as they headed down the hall and to the door that entered the backyard.

Adam was playing some soft music, which she didn’t know was possible on an electric guitar, but it sounded nice. Then he started playing the wedding march.

“Are you ready daughter?” Henry asked her.

“As ready as I will ever be.”

Ruben and Kimberly headed outside, and then it was Jillian’s turn to step outside. When she walked out, she hardly noticed the yard beautifully decorated, and all of the people now standing and bowing their heads to her. All she could see was the most incredibly handsome man standing under an arch in a black tux, a matching crown on his head. He saw her step out and head to him. She was an absolute vision. He had never seen anyone so incredible, and she was all his.

She stepped up to him, kissed Henry on the cheek, and then put her hand in Edric’s hand.
He had tears in his eyes.

“You look exquisite,” he whispered to her.

“You look rather debonair yourself,” she smiled at him.

“You both look stunning,” Hayden smiled at them. Everyone took their seats but Kimberly who stood by Jillian, and Warren who stood by Edric as his best man.

“Welcome friends and family to this most joyous occasion,” Hayden smiled.

“You are about to witness a monumental occasion. For today I am going to wed the High Queen to the High King.”

Everyone gasped, this was the High Queen and King? How was that possible?

“You see, I have a confession,” Hayden smiled at Jillian and Edric.

“Everyone thought that the royal princess was killed with her parents, but she was not. I saved her from such a fate, and present her to you today, High Luna Queen Jillian.”

Everyone dropped to their knees, even Edric, her sweet Edric, bowed to her.

“Queen, King, it is time we marry you,” Hayden chuckled as everyone got up a moment later and took their seats again. Edric stood up and grasped Jillian’s hand in his, winking at her.

“I am going to spare you the long drawn out ceremony because of the storm moving in,” he said, looking at Jillian. She knew what he meant.

A storm not only from the clouds, but from those wishing to attack them.

“High Alpha King, Edric Ventin, do you take High Luna Queen Jillian to be your bride?”

“I do,” he said proudly.

“And do you, High Luna Queen Jillian take High Alpha King Edric Ventin to be your husband.”

“I do,” she smiled as tears fell down her face.