CHAPTER 20

When Jillian woke up again, she was alone. She wasn't sure where Edric was, hoping he was just outside. She stretched and frowned as pain shot through her stomach.

She gasped, and her heart rate suddenly skyrocketed.

The door opened and Edric and the doctor walked in. Edric looked worried.

"Luna," the doctor said, "let me get you some pain meds into your I.V. With you losing the baby, your body is trying to right itself again to where it was before you got pregnant. It will take a few days."

"It hurts," she whispered.

"I am sure it does," he sympathized. "I'll be right back."

Edric came to sit by Jillian on the bed as she cringed in pain again.

"Why am I not healing like before?" she asked him.

"I'm not sure love," he said, kissing her softly.

"I am sorry you are in pain."

"Can you feel it when I hurt?" she asked him.

"Yes, but not as half as bad as you can," he said.

"It feels like mild cramps to me."

"I'm sorry you have to feel my pain," she gasped out.

"I'm not. I will take your pain any day. It assures me you are alive and healing."

The doctor walked in then with a syringe.

"This should help your pain," he said and inserted it into Jillian's I.V.

Moments later she sighed. "That's much better."

"I am sure it is. You are healing quickly Luna, but with the impact, I am amazed that you only lost the baby. I figured you would have broken bones. But everything checked out okay. You are one lucky Luna,” he said.

The door opened again and Kimberly walked in with some flowers. She smiled at her friend and set the flowers down.

"How is my best friend?" she asked.

"Been better," Jillian sighed.

"I'm sorry about your accident," she said.

"How did you find out?"

"The Alpha mind linked Ruben to let him know. He then told me."

"I hope no one else knows," Jillian said.

"Nope, my lips are sealed."

"Good. So did you bring me some food?" Jillian grinned at her friend. Edric chuckled.

"Someone is feeling better."

"Sorry friend, I didn't know if I was allowed too," Kimberly shrugged.

"Dang," Jillian said.

Edric kissed Jillian's cheek. "How about I go get you something. You name it."

"I would love some fish and chips," Jillian said.

"Okay my love, I'll be back soon," he said, and kissing her again, he left.

Kimberly pulled up a chair. "So, will you tell me what happened?"

"I'll just leave you two," the doctor said and walked out. Jillian sighed.

"Promise not to say a word if I tell you?"

"Yep, my lips are still sealed."

"I was pregnant," Jillian whispered.