CHAPTER 33

When Jillian woke up, she was in her bed, and Edric was by her, watching her.

"What happened?" she asked him.

"You fainted. Hayden said it was from lack of food, that I need to feed you more, you are eating for two, he reminded me." Edric smiled at her.

"I have food here for you if you are hungry."

"I am," she admitted and wondered why Hayden didn't tell Edric why she had really fainted.

"Edric, can you mind link with Hayden like you do with the others?"

"No, he is more like you, which bothers me, because I swear that man is keeping secrets from me."

He helped Jillian sit up and handed her a plate of food. "What were you two talking about?"

"My real parents," Jillian whispered as she began to eat.

"He knew them, didn't he."

"Yes," she nodded, "and so did your parents.

"My parents?" he looked confused. "How did my parents know your parents?"

"Your father was my father's Beta."

Edric swore. He looked at Jillian. “You have got to be kidding me,” he whispered.

"No," Jillian said, shaking her head.

"That means your father was the High Alpha King."

"Yes."

Edric let out a deep sigh. "No wonder so many are after you. You are the next in line for the throne. But everyone thought you were dead.”

“Hayden said he switched me at birth to save me, remember?”

“I do. I didn’t realize he switched out the princess though, no wonder your adoptive parents moved so much,” he whistled, in awe.

He was sitting next to the High Queen, unbelievable.

“Edric, you hold the title of King now, why?”
Edric looked at her and smiled softly.

"I only hold the title until someone, the rightful heir takes my place, and that is you, my love."

"But I am not a wolf."

"But you are a healer and a seer, which makes you even more valuable."

"But we are getting married, which makes you the High King," Jillian insisted.

Edric kissed her. "I love you my sweet, High Queen," he chuckled.

"And yes, I suppose it does make me the true High King once we are wed."

"How did you go from being a Beta to an Alpha?" she asked him as she ate.

"After your father and my father died, there wasn't anyone to take their place. I was a Beta at the age of seven and scared spitless. That is when Hayden stepped in and guided me."

"So who was Alpha while you were growing up?"

Edric frowned. "A distant cousin of your parents. He was the only one who was related. He was an evil man, and when I turned 18, I challenged him for the spot of Alpha and won."

"How?"

"I killed him. That is the only way one can take the spot from another Alpha."

"Oh," Jillian said, handing Edric her plate so he could set it on the nightstand.

"You aren't upset about me killing your cousin?"

"Why would I be? You said he was evil."

"Very evil. He wanted all humans wiped from the earth, or changed into a werewolf."