CHAPTER 3

The next morning, the Alpha King was pacing the halls as one of the harem girls sauntered up to him wearing nothing but a bikini. She wrapped her arms around him.

“You’re Highness,” she purred.

“Might I be of service? You look so down.”

He frowned down at her and pushed her away.

“Go put some clothes on,” he muttered.

“But sire, you like us to dress like this,” she pouted.

“Not anymore. You know you girls aren’t here for me; you are here until the other packs send for you. Now get out of my sight,” he frowned at her, “and tomorrow all of you are out of here.”

“Yes sire,” she muttered and headed away, swinging her hips as she went. She looked back to see if he was watching, but he was headed down a different hallway.

“Alpha,” Warren stopped him as he went into his office, “we have a problem.”

The two went inside and closed the door.

“Warren, what’s wrong?”

“The paleontologists. They have dug up the burial ground from the last war.” The King growled in anger.

“How did that happen? That land is guarded!” he yelled.

“They got special permission from someone,” Warren said.

“How far down are they?”

“Just uncovering the first wolves sire.”

“Go stop it, immediately. I do not want that disturbed. I don’t care by what means, but get it stopped. Offer them money, whatever, just get them off that land, and make sure the wolves are buried back up.”

“Yes, Alpha.” He walked out of the door, closing it behind him.

Edric pinched his nose, feeling another headache coming on. They were getting to be more frequent.

“You need your mate,” his wolf reminded him.

“I can’t find her,” Edric muttered back.

“She has to be close by, why else would you be hurting?” his wolf pointed out.

“Maybe Warren lied about the new girl being human. Maybe he just wanted her for himself.”

Edric chuckled. “I doubt that. He is loyal to me Raul. He would not lie.”

“I think we should go check anyway,” his wolf said.

“If it will shut you up,” Edric said.

His wolf chuckled. “You wish.”

Jillian knew her parents were already at work when she got up for school, so she hurried and got ready for the day, putting on another t-shirt and jeans, and after grabbing a quick breakfast she headed out the door.

When she reached the school, she noticed with relief that the girls were dressed normal, well, mostly. Some of them still wore skanky clothes, but for the most part, everyone was in jeans and a normal shirt.

The boys seemed relieved also, and the girls were actually flirting with them today. Jillian thought that was interesting. The boys got ignored once a week, and then the girls flirted with them for the rest of the week.

That was just wrong. She felt bad for the guys. She wondered if they were sick of the way they were treated, she would be. The girls still snickered at her as she walked down the hall to her first class, but as usual, she ignored them.