Edric was on the phone, a frown on his face.

“It can’t be changed?” he was asking someone.
“Fine, but it had better be short.”

He hung up and pulled Jillian to him, laying a kiss on her lips.

“I have a meeting that I have to go to, one of the Alpha’s in the city over wants to discuss better protection for his pack.”

“Oh, okay.”

“I won’t be gone long. Why don’t you call your friend and see if she wants to go shopping. I can drop you off at the mall on my way to my meeting.”

“What day is it?” she asked him.

“Saturday,” he told her.

“Wow, I’ve been in here six days,” she whispered, shaking her head.

“Yes, love.”

“You want me to go shopping?”

“Yes, pick out anything you want.”

“Anything?” she asked cheekily.

“Anything within reason,” he chuckled.

“No new sports car, or a million dollar diamond necklace.”

“Sure, spoil my fun,” she smiled at him. He knew she would never do that anyway.

He pulled out a credit card and handed it to her.

“I suggest you go and get you a cell phone also.
Since I can’t communicate with you here,” he said, pointing to his head, “I would like to know where you are if you need me.”

She nodded, agreeing. He handed her his phone.

“Call your friend, I’ll meet you out by the nurse’s desk in a few. I need to go and sign your release papers.” He kissed her then left the room.

Jillian dialed her friend’s number. ”Hello?”

“Hi, Kim.”

“Hey Jillian, I mean Luna,” she said.

“How are you doing?”
“I’m okay, as a matter of fact, I am being released to go home, but Edric has a meeting in the city. He was wondering if I wanted to take you shopping while he is in his meeting.”

“Of course girl. That sounds awesome, are you up to it?”

“Of course, are you?”

“You had better believe it.”

“Sweet. Meet me in an hour in front of the mall.”

“Okay, see you then my friend and Luna,”
Kimberly said, then hung up.

Jillian headed into the hall, a smile on her face. It would be nice to hang out with her friend.

“Ready love?” Edric asked her.

“Yes,” she told him.

He tucked an arm about her waist, his guards taking up position behind him. Warren and Emerson were also there and fell into step behind the guards.

All the wolves in the hospital hall that saw them bowed their head in fealty to her and to their Alpha.

Jillian nodded back. It would be difficult getting used to that. Edric nodded at all of them, glad they were showing respect to their Luna.

Edric helped her into the limo, then he climbed in along with his two guards. Emerson drove with Warren by him.

“Luna, I have not properly introduced my guards,” Edric told her.