Friendships

I woke up sometimes in the night to a nightmare. The King was chasing me, and he had just grabbed me when I woke up. Looking around it took a moment to get my bearings. I still on the couch and the man that spoke to me yesterday was still on the chair, but it looked like he was asleep now. The man that was on the couch earlier sleeping wasn't there anymore. My brain was still too tired to understand what that meant.

I have not been this comfortable in months. Between my human life, then being in that Cell my body was just aches and pains. Snuggling down into the couch again I laid there and tried to think what these guys wanted for saving me. Was I really saved though? My time with the King I grew skinner I know that. Hopefully, these guys will let me really heal my body before putting me back to work.

My eyes closed again, and I did not wake up again until that morning. When I awoke again there was only one man in the living room. Sitting up slowly, I moved to lean against the arm rest of the couch I had slept on.

"Your awake Morgan," the man said to me. "My name is Joe, and this is my home." He continued. He didn't try to get any closer to me which I was happy about.

"Hi," was all I could manage through my uneasiness. This man made me nervous. How did a human escape the vampire King?

"I am going to make some breakfast, are you hungry Morgan?" His question caught me off guard, I was hungry but what would I have to do to get the food. The King had me clean the second floor in under 1 hour if I wanted to eat.

"What, what do I need to do to eat, Sir?" I was not sure if I had to call his Sir or not, but I was not going to chance it. He turned fast and I flinched back. I remember the Vampire and his speed. I knew they could cross the room fast and I want to be hit again this early in the morning.

"It is okay I am not going to hurt you, There is nothing you need to do to get some food, little one." Joe spoke so soft to me I started to relax for a moment before tensing again.

"Okay, Sir" I responded.

"Please do not call me Sir I do not like it." He looked at me when he said that and I avoided looking him in the eyes. I did not know what to do. King gave me orders and I followed them. I had to, to live. This man was telling me the things I learned before do not apply?

"What... what would you like me to call you then?" I asked him still hesitant as to what he wanted.

"Please call me Joe. It is my name. You are free Morgan. No one here at my home will hurt you. We are one big family here." He turned his back to me and headed into another room. It looked to be the kitchen. Looking around the living room I noticed he had nice hardwood floors and a teal floor mat. The walls where a soft beige color. There was a tv on one side facing the couch. Behind the couch was a big window. The sun was shining into the home from that window up to the overhead lighting. The doors had a nice decorative trim on them.

I tried to stand up from the couch but ended up falling on the floor with a bang. Joe came out of the kitchen then to see what had happened only to find me on the floor tangled in blankets and looking scared.

He came running over and I scrambled away from him. He was tall and had muscles. His hazel eyes stare right at me. I was not fooled to think that he wouldn't hurt me. I bumped into the corner in my haste and protected my face as he got closer.

Joe stopped when he got to the couch and kneeled. "Little one I will not hurt you." He stayed so still that for a moment I thought he died. Slowly I moved away from the walk and got closer to him. I was pissed at myself for being this weak person. I was a strong female back home but that man, that thing beat me to the point I now feared others. Joe seemed to sense this and kept his distance from me.