Doors open, doors close

Start from the beginning

I shuddered when he touched me. I wasn't used to this sort of physical contact anywhere on my body. Dimitri noticed this and immediately removed his hand.
"Forgive me, I should've asked permission before I touched you," he said lowly.
"He thinks he should've asked permission before he touched us. When was the last time Marcus asked permission to touch us?" Caroline said.

"Never. He touched us whenever he wanted, wherever he wanted," I said bitterly.
"Dimitri is asking permission. Don't deny him such a simple gesture," Caroline pleaded.
I looked back at Dimitri and saw hurt in his eyes as he walked. I felt bad. Holding his hand in mine, I guided it back to my waist and even moved a little closer to him. He looked surprised but smiled and gently squeezed my waist.

"You smell amazing," he murmured as he lowered his nose to my hair and inhaled deeply.
"Thank you, you smell nice too. Pine trees rain, Caroline loves it," I said looking up at him.
"It would be nice to let them out sometime, for a run, there are lots of places I'd like to show you both,"

"Mate is so sweet, he wants to take us out on a run. Can we go? Please?" Caroline begged.
"Not today, he's busy," I told her.
"HE'S NOT BUSY! WOULD HE HAVE OFFERED TO TAKE US ON A WALK IN THE GARDEN IF HE HAD BEEN BUSY?!" Caroline shouted.
"Stop it!" I said out loud.
"Stop what? Did I do something wrong?" Dimitri asked removing his hand and backing away.

"Huh? Oh no, no it's not you Dimitri, it's Caroline being loud," I said turning to face him.
"Why was she loud?"
"She wanted to go out for a run. I said you were too busy," I said.
"Artemis I'm never too busy for you and Caroline, me and Roman are your mates. You're never a bother," Dimitri said as he held my hand and pressed a kiss to my knuckles. When his lips came into contact with mine, firework like feeling shot up my arm.

"Shall we be going to the rose garden? You might not be busy now but you have to get back to your Alpha duties sooner or later, shall we go?" I mumbled.
"Yes let's go, it would have been nice if you had gone shopping with Bria, Lana and Everest. Since you don't have any clothes to wear," he stated as we continued to walk.
"What do you mean?"
"It's still morning I don't have any Alpha duties until late afternoon. I'll take you and Caroline out for a run with Roman after I show you the rose garden,"

"Yes! Say yes, say yes Artemis say yes! I want to spend time with Roman, please say yes! I'll never be sassy again if you say yes," Caroline said ecstatically as she pranced around in my head.
"Okay fine let's go, stop prancing so much I'm getting a headache," I said jokingly.
Suddenly a male wolf, whom I've not seen before, came walking down the hall. He had dark brown hair and eyes, a fair complexion and he looked lean and was about 6'2.

"Dimitri I just got a call from Mr. Gopal, he said that he's coming to Crimson Blood to have the meeting instead of you coming to his pack. He said he'll be here in three hours," the wolf said efficiently. I noticed he, like Dimitri had a Russian accent.
"Thank you Todd," Dimitri said.
"Is she the same she wolf who was found naked while Vasili's rouges attacked her?" the wolf named Todd asked.

"I was found what?!" I asked shockingly.
"You idiot! You weren't supposed to say that to her!" Dimitri growled.
"I was found naked? Why didn't you tell me?!" I asked pulling away from Dimitri to look at him, an accusatory look in my eyes.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it's just that I was so focused on getting you safe I didn't study anything else," Dimitri said.

"What about after I was safe? Couldn't you say something then?" she asked hotly. "I was naked Dimitri! And you saw me!"
"I know, you're right, I should've told you. I didn't see anything if that's what you're worried about," he said lowly as he averted eye contact.
"Yes you did, Roman did too," Todd said smirking.

"Roman saw me too?!" I shrieked.
"He was covering you from the other males Artemis. I didn't want other wolves to look at what was mine," Dimitri said defensively.
"Yours? Don't start with the possessive, alpha claiming, macho stuff that males do! I had enough if that while living in Shining Cosmos," I said coldly.

"Should I leave?" Todd asked uncertainly as he looked between the two of us.
"Go report to my parents," Dimitri said bluntly.
When Todd was gone I turned back to Dimitri.
"Did you touch me anywhere? I know you said necrophile isn't your thing but I just want to clarify," I said folding my hands across my chest.
"I'd never touch you anywhere without your consent," Dimitri said looking back at me.
"Can't hurt to ask," I scoffed.

"Why are you speaking to him like this? He's our mate he was trying to protect us!" Caroline growled.
"Quiet! You're just trying to defend him!" I shot back.
"You're not being very nice Artemis," Dimitri said looking down at the ground.
"Wel I'm sorry but I have a reason not to be! I've suffered purgatory in Shining Cosmos and I won't suffer purgatory here either!"

Dimitri looked at me and held his gaze for a few minutes.
"Do you really think I'll ever hurt you? Do you think I'm that much of a fool to mess up the one chance I have of real happiness?" he asked in a dull voice.
"I don't know, you tell me," I said softly.
"I see. Well then, I guess since that's what you see me as, there's nothing I could do to convince you otherwise," Dimitri said in a low pained voice.

I heard the tone he used and immediately wished I could take back everything I just said.
"Dimitri...I didn't mean-"
"Here's my black card if you want to go shopping with the girls. I had a meeting to attend at 9:00, then it was rescheduled to three hours from now. But since you don't trust me and view me as someone who wouldn't think twice about hurting you, there's no point," Dimitri said as he walked down the hall.

"Wait! I didn't mean to say what I said," I said desperately as I ran after him.
"I'll organise another room for you, you don't have to sleep with me since you think I'll take advantage of you in your sleep," Dimitri ignored my pleas and continued to walk.
"I'm sorry Dimitri!" I cried out with tears in my eyes.

"Goodbye Artemis, I have a meeting to attend. Have fun with the girls," he said bluntly.
"Dimitri please," I stopped running and dripped down on the floor and watched as Dimitri walked quickly down the stairs out of sight.
"I hope you're happy, you made our mate leave us!" Caroline growled at me.
"I said I was sorry," I sobbed out.
"Sorry isn't good enough!"

"I didn't mean to hurt him-"
"Yes you did! You did mean to hurt him! I said, Artemis he was trying to protect us, do t speak to him that way, he's our mate! But did you listen? NO YOU DIDN'T!"
"Caroline please-"
"I don't want to hear anything! Fix this mess that you made then we'll talk! Until then, spend some time with your tears, that's all you're good for!" Caroline said harshly.
Then she immediately blocked off the communication between us and I was left alone with my tears- again. Like she said that's all I was ever good for.

Author's note: oh no they had a fight!! Then again all couples have a fight I hope you all enjoy the chapter next one will be up today love you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️