5- A Dismal Monday

You head towards school, excited to see Kenma after yesterday's events. Your legs are a little shaky and you can't get rid of your smile or your giggles. You finally enter school to see Kuroo is waiting for you at the gates.

Kuroo- hey. *deep tired voice*

You- jeez you look like hell.

Kuroo- long night, was practicing.

You- really? With the team?

Kuroo- no, just by myself.

You- They managed to clear the food stall?

Kuroo- yeah.

You notice Kuroo is not really himself today, his answers are straight forward and his tone is cold but you don't say anything. Instead you and him walk towards the vending machine. You buy him iced coffee.

Kuroo- what's this for?

You- to help with your long night of course.

Kuroo- oh thanks.

You guys head towards your classes.

You- have you seen Kenma today?

Kuroo- No.

As you guys walk side by side, he sneakily gets a glimpse of you while you're lost in your thoughts about Kenma.

Kuroo- hey before you go into class.

You- yes?

Kuroo- I'm gonna be really busy with volleyball and all that so I won't be able to talk or hang as much y'know.

You- oh.

Kuroo- in fact I have to be focused this whole month so sorry if you don't see much of me.

You- that's fine. I get it. Volleyball is important and all.

Kuroo- good, anyways you better get to class.

You walk off unsatisfied by the conversation you just had. Was that his way of unfriending you or maybe he's just really busy and you mustn't be selfish. You feel dismal for the whole day until after school when you're racing off to find Kenma in his usual spot outside the gym. When you get there, Kenma is nowhere to be found. You look around the school for a bit until you decide to head off home and instead text him.

You- hey I didn't see you today, r u sick again?

*no reply*

You spend the rest of your afternoon doing homework and then watching anime. When you get out of the shower, you look at your phone only to see no notifications have come through. When you slip into bed, you fall asleep looking at your delivered text.