15"

Flashback6th year

Flashback
6th year

Zenevieva met James outside of the great hall before breakfast

"Take this" James said handing Zenevieva his spare Gryffindor Quidditch Jumper, "it's cold outside and I don't want you to be uncomfortable"

"I don't think that's a good idea, I have to sit at the Slytherin table and in the Slytherin Stands and I'd be wearing Gryffindor colours and-"

"Please Zen?" James pleaded taking her hands in hers, "for me?"

"Fine. Just because I know how important the cup is to you"

"Perfect!" He sung pecking her lips quickly before running into the hall and sitting at the Gryffindor table

Zenevieva sighed pulling on the red jumper before walking into the hall.

As she walked over to her usual seat on her own at the table as the other Slytherins glared at her figure.

She sat down, keeping her eyes downcast and reaching for some toast. About to take a bite she was interrupted.

"Oi, Gaunt!" Lucius Malfoy shouted, "what is that?"

Zenevieva kept her head down not replying

"Oi! I'm talking to you bitch!" He yelled walking over, Evan Rosier, Severus Snape and Avery walking behind him.

"He's talking to you Gaunt" Avery snapped

"I'm aware" Zenevieva retorted quietly

"Sorry what was that?" Evan sneered

"Speak up blood traitor!" Lucius snarled, "what have you got to say for yourself?"

Zenevieva continued to not say a word

"Wait until the dark Lord hears of your treason you disgusting blood traitor!" Lucius whispered aggressively in her ear making her flinch

"I think he'll treat you as a fool" Zenevieva answered softly, lifting up the sleeve of her jumper discreetly and showing the boys the dark mark on her forearm

"He'll punish you!" Evan laughed evilly, imagining Voldemort's actions of when he hears of his cousins actions, "Gryffindor? They're nothing but Half-bloods, mudbloods and Bloodtraitors"

Lucius lunged forwards for the jumper, trying to rip it off before he was interrupted

"Mr Malfoy, enough!" Slughorn ordered as he walked past, "I suggest you eat, you'll need fuel for the game"

Lucius, Avery, Evan and Snape all sulked back from where they came from begrudgingly, leaving Zenevieva alone.

No matter how hungry she was she couldn't each her toast. She felt physically sick.

She held back her tears, it was humiliating. She just couldn't stand up to them and it was so degrading. She was pathetic.

"Excuse me" a voice interrupted her thought, "are you okay?"

Zenevieva looked up to find a boy sat a little further away, sympathy in his eyes

"Yeah, I'm fine" she nodded brushing it off as if it didn't hurt her

"Regulus Black" he smiled, moving down the table to shake her hand, "fifth year"

"Zenevieva Gaunt" she replied, "six year"

"Well it's nice to meet you"

"You too"

"Hey James" Remus said watching Zenevieva interact with the Slytherins, "I think Zen is having some problems with the Slytherins"

James,Sirius and Peter all turned around to look across the room at Lucius looming over her.

"Should I go over?" James asked furrowing his eyebrows at the encounter

"Nah" Sirius waved, "Zenes fine, she's one of them"

"She's not one of them!" James snapped, "she's different, she's good"

"Are you sure you don't want to go over because it's kind of your fault she's being harass-" Remus started

"Good luck today Potter" Lily Evans smiled as she walked past the Marauders and sat down with Marlene and Alice.

"Thanks Evans!" He beamed back, "I'm sure. Zene can handle herself"

"James..." Remus drifted off

"What?" He asked shrugging

"She looks sad" Peter said studying her now she was alone, pushing around the toast on her plate

"Look, she's talking to Regulus. She's fine now" Sirius shrugged, "come on Prongs, we've got a game to win" he said slapping James back as they jumped up from the table and ran out of the hall as Peter scuttled after them.

Remus sighed to himself glancing one last time at the Slytherin table before following his friends out. 

"Do you want to sit with me in the stands?" Regulus asked

"Wouldn't it be embarrassing for you to be seen with me?" Zenevieva asked with a smile gesturing to James' Gryffindor jumper

" A little bit" Regulus smiled making Zenevieva laugh quietly