5"

Zenevieva lead Regulus through the hallways of the castle, her heels clicking against the cold floor, nodding to the guards they passed on their way

Walking down the steps of the castle towards a cellar they came to a stop infront of a locked door, designed with the castles signature Serpent locks.

Regulus watched as Zenevieva unlocked the door in Parsletongue as she gesturing him to enter.

The two stood inside the cave that had been dug out from the rock.

"What's all this?" Regulus asked walking over to the machinery on the wall

"Muggle weapons" Zenevieva answered

"Muggle weapons?" Regulus asked furrowing his eyebrows, "why?"

"They're reliable and dangerous. Not as dangerous as a wand but helpful" Zenevieva hummed running her fingers over a barrel of a gun

"Why do we need them?" He asked

"What happens when you've been disarmed Regulus? You die. You're smart, you know the consequences on not having a wand. These are back up. You always need to have back up"

"Why don't we get back up wands then?"

"They won't work as well. They're temperamental, I'm sure you know how wands work. They choose the witch or Wizard, not the other way around. Where these Muggle weapons, they don't care" she said picking up a particularly large hand gun

"How did you get these?" Regulus asked walking to where a collections of daggers hung on the wall.

"You'll find I can be very persuasive" she smiled eerily

"I know that look. What did you do?" He asked

"Oh nothing. Don't worry about it reg. All's fair in love and war"

"But the muggles-"

"Are smart. The wizarding world is arrogant and obnoxious. It is Tom and Dumbledores biggest flaw, Underestimating muggles. They are advanced and intelligent. Far more advanced than the Wizarding world. We should learn from them, hence all this" she gestured around to the cave full of machinery and weapons.

"And are select wizards going to be given these?" Regulus asked placing a dagger back on the wall

"Everyone. Excecpt the men, woman and children that cannot fight and are staying in the castle for protection"

"We're really doing this?"

"Of course. Voldemort and Dumbledore underestimate muggles. And there is our advantage. We'll win this war by not reciprocating their ignorance. Tom wants all muggles gone. We'll kill him and his men with Muggle weapons. Dumbledore wants them in Azkaban, the order won't kill. But we'll kill, we'll kill those people that have left those children orphaned. The people who have torn families apart. The people that have made this world hell. The people that forced us into this life. The people that broke us Regulus. We're the third side to this war, we want revenge"

"Voldemort wants Purity, Dumbledore wants peace and we want Revenge" Regulus replied looking Zenevieva in the eyes as she nodded slowly.

The pair sat together in the dining room, chatting over dinner. The candles and touches screwed to the wall cast a dull flickering across the room. Zenevieva pushed her food around on her plate as Regulus spoke up.

"Voldemort arranged a meeting for a weeks time" he started

"Oh, I didn't know" Zenevieva frowned in confusion, my mark didn't let me know. She glanced down to the dark mark on her arm

"Well it wouldn't. Voldemort doesn't want you to know about it"

"He still doesn't trust me?" She asked

"And he's right not to" Regulus laughed, "he's still suspicious. He's wanting to keep you by his side, hence making you his right hand, but he's hosting meetings without you that contain valuable information. There's one next week and I'm curious as to find out what it's about"

"You're not finishing your last year at Hogwarts?" Zenevieva asked as she stopped chewing

"Oh no. Imagine going back there. With Dumbledore in charge and everything. Plus you need me" he smirked

"That I do Reg. That I do"

"You really think our followers will accept the Muggle weapons?"

"Yes. If they don't then they're foolish. We're giving them another thing to defend themselves with without a price or catch. They are no way near as powerful or versatile as wands and magic, they're still our main defence, but we need everything we can get"

"I'll make sure to report back to you and the rest of the council after Voldemort's meeting, if there's any urgent or new information"

"Take this" Zene said pulling out a dagger and sliding it towards his across the table, "keep it on you. Toms legilimency skills are strong, just in case anything goes south and you get disarmed"

Regulus nodded slipping it into the pocket of his robes before carrying on with his food.

"We need to meet with the council tomorrow actually. I need to see how Jugson's doing at recruiting and infiltrating the ministry. Plus I need everyone's advice on some new recruits that could perhaps be somewhat... unreliable"

"Unreliable?"

"Snitches and spys Regulus. Severus Snape and Peter Pettigrew.