𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

as alan woke up post-drunk from his bed, he looked at the clock on his nightstand. 12:00 (p.m.) 1985 it read. alan groaned as he turned over, arms out, and stared at the ceiling.

"ugh, when will i stop being so depressed?" he asked.

alan usually didn't drink much. but, all the stress from his job, a record store cashier, has been giving him deep depression. he got up from his bed, went to his record player and put his favorite record on, the beatles. as the song "yesterday" started to play from the speakers, he thought about how much better his life used to be. back when he had friends, was in a band, he had a girlfriend and his dad wasn't mad at him for no reason. now, he just turns to alcohol, since he was too poor to buy drugs.

alan groaned as he sat up in his bed, as another song started to play. he went over to the record player and lifted up the dial. he grabbed a black shirt on his floor and found a black belt and some black trousers he found on the end of his bed post.

he looked in the mirror across the side of his bed. he was starting to gain some weight, but was still slim. he had a bit of stubble and a few pimples. all the hair gel he had last night was washed out and his hair looked super flat.

jesus i look horrible... he thought. he tried to slick his hair back up, but it fell back down. he went to the bathroom and realized that there was no more.

ugh damn it, i'll just use some hand cream. he thought. he got the lotion and tried to slick his hair up, but it wouldn't work. so he just slicked it back.

"ugh i'll just go and drink more. what else is there to do?" he mumbled as he grabbed a black trench coat, forgetting about the clothes he picked out. which left him only in undies and a black t-shirt. he put on big black boots as he walked outside...